Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Cayman S (987.2), 911sc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed the TAC brush guard on the capable bumper. I’ll try and get some better pics soon.

IMG_2717.jpeg
Sponsored

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed the TAC brush guard on the capable bumper. I’ll try and get some better pics soon.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Brush Guard Options? IMG_2717
That looks awesome! Do you mind sharing where you got it? I tried TAC's website but didn't see it.

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks awesome! Do you mind sharing where you got it? I tried TAC's website but didn't see it.
Thanks! Did you have any issues with the guard or brackets covering the four front parking sensors?

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! Did you have any issues with the guard or brackets covering the four front parking sensors?
I don't have any front sensors, so non-issue in my case.

Sponsored

Mike S

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
checking this nudge bar out. Made for modular bumper but appears it will work on Capable bumper. Waiting to speak with tech at extreme. Problem might be it will be right in front of D rings,

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just installed the TAC brush guard that @Justinfro mentions above, and I couldn't be happier with it! Install was pretty easy and the included instructions were accurate. A couple of notes that I'll cover in a separate install post. As @Mike S says, the instructions are written for either the plastic or modular bumpers, but install is easy for the capable bumper following these exceptions:

• You will remove the plastic tow hook covers and use the two (2) INBOARD bumper bolts to install the bracket, which mounts OVER the tow hooks so you can leave them on the bumper.
  • You will use the LONG support brackets that mount through the grill.
  • The instructions say that some grills may be blocking those brackets and you will have to drill. And it looked like that was my case, but I loosened the six (6) bolts holding the grill fascia and was able to slide the brackets through the grill and up over the radiator core support.
You will not be able to reuse the plastic tow hook covers (because of the mounting bracket), but after the holidays I'm going to look into trimming it with the Dremel and see if I can cover the barer looking parts.

I had feared that this rig might be a little big and gawdy, but it's actually very well-designed to the Bronco's front IMO. My only real complaint is that the welds look horrible. Not structurally inadequate, but not a pretty bead at all. But as most of the load goes right from the nudge bar through the L-brackets to the frame, I'm not concerned at all. The front of the nudge bar also has a nice, hard rubber cover that seems pretty substantial.

Also, pleasantly surprised to see a complete mounting rail running below the lighting ports, so you have plenty of options for mounting auxiliary lights!

For the money, this set up would be hard to beat with the Capable Bumper. You keep the full, wheel-to-wheel steel protection up front along with a wealth of auxiliary mounting options.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Brush Guard Options? black-horse-bumper

Justinfro

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Sea Monkey Looks great, and noce write-up/ The trickiest part is definietly running the brackets through the grill to mount up top. Also, for the pastic covers, i took a Dremmel to it, and it worked out great. it definietly took some trial and error with the Dremmel and fit.

Happy trails, and Merry Christmas!

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Justinfro you're absolutely correct about the grill mounts being the most difficult part. But after removing those top bolts they went in pretty easily. Glad to hear you had good luck with the Dremmel. I did some test fitting and looks like I won't have to do too much cutting. I'm very happy with this bar set up, and so glad you posted your pics of it. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Sponsored

Mike S

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed this nudge bar with the capable bumper. This one is designed for the Modular bumper per their website. Same installation instructions for modular bumper. Does require small cutting of the metal front skid plate. No drilling required. It does hinder the use of the D rings in the bumper. I am going to raise it a little bit to clear the D rings. I included two pics of where I had to cut the skid plate. About 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" long notch.

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG