Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can confirm the v1 Mabett/ IAG mount fits on capable bumper. Need to trim plastics for final fitment.
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_1207
Sponsored

jdamach1

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Fairlane, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed my Badland winch on my ‘22 Badlands. Used the JCR winch mount on my capable bumper and installed the JCR camera relocation bracket. Easy install and just had to extend the parking sensor wiring and trim the sensor covers a little.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_2321

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper Winch Options IMG_2322

Last edited:

Scott Cooper

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford just posted about the Bronco they are donating and it's rocking a capable bumper winch mount. Does anyone know if it's an aftermarket option or a future Ford accessory option?

I just went to the comment section on instagram for this and someone asked if it would be an available option with the capable bumper. Ford responded and said it was the factory mount and winch so a $2,600 purchase from ford performance. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1821-B

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can confirm Mabett’s winch mount v2 will fit on a Capable Bumper

Installation is basically the same as for the Modular Bumper, but you do have trim off a bit of the plastic covers that go around the mounting brackets

Have you used it yet? How's it holding up? I love how this one looks and I'm really interested in it, but I have the sensors and camera. Do you know if the instructions clearly explain how to relocate the sensors and camera? I'm curious if they give extensions for them like RC or is it more like how JCR does it? Also, from their FB group it shows it comes with the camera mount, correct?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you used it yet? How's it holding up? I love how this one looks and I'm really interested in it, but I have the sensors and camera. Do you know if the instructions clearly explain how to relocate the sensors and camera? I'm curious if they give extensions for them like RC or is it more like how JCR does it? Also, from their FB group it shows it comes with the camera mount, correct?
I've only had two opportunities to use it thus far. Pulled a stump and tap root out of the ground with ease; also pulled myself out of a ditch with my front stuck against a ledge, once again, very easy, but the angles were not severe.

I will say that after Tricky Dick bent his frame horns twice with the RC high winch mount, I became nervous about the height of the winch plate - though both of his instances were pretty serious situations. I've purchased his frame horn reinforcements and am waiting on my knee to heal before I install them - these things are STOUT and I will have no concerns about using the winch after the upgrade.

The instructions are good enough to get the job done, though I did have to revisit them a few times throughout the installation; Mabett includes everything you need to relocate the front sensors and the camera (including the mount) as well as extra wiring for the sensors and cameras - I'll attach the PDF instructions to help you out (it's all images, so had to use Google Drive ~ )

In my current situation, I am happy with this purchase - I've gotten into some tight spaces in the Ozarks and have had to use the bull bar to get myself out of a few spots. It certainly did the job and fared significantly better than the capable bumper (dented by a tree I slid into at a slow speed)

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only had two opportunities to use it thus far. Pulled a stump and tap root out of the ground with ease; also pulled myself out of a ditch with my front stuck against a ledge, once again, very easy, but the angles were not severe.

I will say that after Tricky Dick bent his frame horns twice with the RC high winch mount, I became nervous about the height of the winch plate - though both of his instances were pretty serious situations. I've purchased his frame horn reinforcements and am waiting on my knee to heal before I install them - these things are STOUT and I will have no concerns about using the winch after the upgrade.

The instructions are good enough to get the job done, though I did have to revisit them a few times throughout the installation; Mabett includes everything you need to relocate the front sensors and the camera (including the mount) as well as extra wiring for the sensors and cameras - I'll attach the PDF instructions to help you out (it's all images, so had to use Google Drive ~ )

In my current situation, I am happy with this purchase - I've gotten into some tight spaces in the Ozarks and have had to use the bull bar to get myself out of a few spots. It certainly did the job and fared significantly better than the capable bumper (dented by a tree I slid into at a slow speed)
This is awesome! Thanks for the write up and instructions! I'm sure they will come in handy for others as well. I'll definitely check out these frame horn reinforcements you mentioned.

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there - can you confirm you were able to install the hidden winch mount on the Bronco 2.7L with a capable bumper? Could you send some pics of front and side?

Such conflicting information. I even just spoke with rough country and their R&D team said it doesn't fit on the Capable bumper.

https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51065.html
I got the same message saying it wont work... but then this guy did it

mntnbronco

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can confirm - I was able to get it installed on 2.7L with capable bumper!

Whoamitoday

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrack, 23 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The RC hidden winch can go onto a capable bumper. The intercooler mount holes will have to be redrilled and the bumper needs to be pulled forward to access the inner bolts. It works. Run your wires away from the motor side of the battery. We got it done. PM me for more detales.

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
RC Bronco

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inquired to a couple places - apparently that 'Everglades' Warn Winch Kit from Ford (M-1821-B) is on backorder with no ETA.

Part shortage and prioritizing production Everglade units?
Being revised to officially also work with the Capable?