Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Over the past year, it seems all the articles have focused on the 4 door and the 10 speed. Glad to see the 2dr and 7spd getting some love and reviews.

Can't wait to get my 2 Door MT Black Diamond...looking forward to some modern tech with OG spirit.
Sponsored

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having taken ownership of my Bronco two days ago, I can say I 100% agree that:
- I love the antimatter blue, I was a little bit worried about it being too dark but it is so beautiful that it outweighs that fear
- The manual is great and the 2.3L has never left me feeling like it is underpowered
great to hear! My 2DR BL manual scheduled for production 8/16.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37183884/2021-ford-bronco-black-diamond-by-the-numbers/

You'll give up some features for the manual transmission, but it's well worth it.

The pony liked it. Well, she licked it, which is a sign of affection, right? Perhaps she recognized the 2021 Ford Bronco's badge and presumed it was a new member of the herd.

Getting equine approval seemed important for a truck named for a horse, which is why we swung by a stable during our week of testing. Several riders brought their mounts over to scope out the two-door Bronco, although they demonstrated their interest in a less mouthy manner, peering in the open roof and commenting on the truck's retro looks and easy-to-clean interior. Equestrians are big on easy-to-clean interiors.

It's not just horse people who are drawn to the new Bronco. Everywhere we went in this dusky Antimatter Blue steed, someone waved us down to get a closer look. Many of the interested parties told us they had one on order. If you're aiming to up your popularity around town, we suggest making the rounds in a Bronco. It's a lot easier than being rich or having a good personality.

Speaking of which, the Bronco lineup has seven distinct personalities, ranging from the minimalist base model to the maximalist First Edition. No matter which you choose, you can make your pony more or less outdoorsy, off-road focused, or luxurious with various packages. Unless, of course, you need three pedals.

If your perfect Bronco comes with a seven-speed manual gearbox, you're going to have to give up a large chunk of the Ford option sheet to get it. You're limited to the Black Diamond and Badlands trim levels. The 2.7-liter V-6 is off the table and so is the off-road-oriented Sasquatch package with the big 35-inch tires. You'll have to wait for the 2022 model to pair the big tires with the stick.

The $37,545 Black Diamond trim with a turbocharged 2.3-liter inline-four and manual transmission strikes us as a sort of sweet spot in the vast lineup. We took one for a bit of trail-riding to see if we'd miss the extra tire and engine displacement offered by the higher trim levels.

Continued...

2021-ford-bronco-23l-black-diamond-102-1627680349.jpg
Excelletn article and it confirms my choice for a 2DR manual. Thanks for posting!!

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the past year, it seems all the articles have focused on the 4 door and the 10 speed. Glad to see the 2dr and 7spd getting some love and reviews.

Can't wait to get my 2 Door MT Black Diamond...looking forward to some modern tech with OG spirit.
Agree brother! The 4DR is getting too much attention the past few months. The 2DR is way more beautiful to look at!!!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree brother! The 4DR is getting too much attention the past few months. The 2DR is way more beautiful to look at!!!
That's because it's the only configuration Ford can build :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of course it’s meant for off road and isn’t about 0-60 times. I test drove a 2 door Badlands with the 2.3 and manual this weekend at Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney, TX. Loved everything about that Bronco except it felt like an 8.5 second 0-60 truck to me, not 7 like the article states but I didn’t time it. Props to Ford on the really smooth shifting but mine will be getting the v-6 engine.

I may need to go check that one out, I’m here in Garland, TX.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having taken ownership of my Bronco two days ago, I can say I 100% agree that:
- I love the antimatter blue, I was a little bit worried about it being too dark but it is so beautiful that it outweighs that fear
- The manual is great and the 2.3L has never left me feeling like it is underpowered
We have the same build except I am getting velocity blue and you already have yours. 11/28 reservation :cry:

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice to see the manual getting some love, there are so few left these days. Hopefully with the competition between Bronco and Wrangler neither company will want to be the first to drop it.

Also great pictures in the article, has me considering Anitmatter Blue again which was the first color I gravitated to in build and price.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands