First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd imagine this would be "easy" to remove in case you wanted that extra 4" of space back.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking I may take a good, long look at available vertical clearance with the doors in place back there and see if there is an option to make something slim, yet sturdy enough that will still have the slide-out function.
I want that feature but also being able to store doors on-board trumps that want.
Ford may have made it as small as possible without going to some exotic components and it is still too high to allow for storage.
I won't know for sure until I get one and start taking some measurements.
But I know I want both features so definitely something I'll be looking at.
Maybe one of these newer AM options members will also take a look at it with their design capabilities and come up with something....
@LifestyleOffroad
@EIGHTLUG
This is a very valid talking point/research opportunity.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It must be easily removable to get to the jack and tools stored below. And I find it ridiculous to say that with it, you can't store the doors. Duh. If your doors are off, so is your top! So there's room.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind the hump is almost 5" tall. The cargo hold is very shallow, but packs decent volume numbers since the load floor is dropped with the spare on the tailgate. FYI - this is why the load floor isnt level to begin with. But if the volume is achieved with height, not depth, just know that you are losing about 20% of "usable" cargo with the load floor installed...when you consider that the window sills are 24" from the load floor, and that the seats slant back.

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It must be easily removable to get to the jack and tools stored below. And I find it ridiculous to say Fajr with it, you can't store the doors. Duh. If your doors are off, so is your top! So there's room.
I agree with about 99.9% of what you post, but on this one respectfully disagree.
it's been stated with the SOT they won't store on-board.
Maybe it has to do with the roll bar position/height.

And not always will one be both doorless and topless.
Say for instance we are hundreds of miles from home (or 10 miles), the weather has turned nice, and we want to pop off the doors.
We left home fully equipped but now have to choose whether to remove doors or remove top panels.
Can't have both.
Either way it is still light years ahead of the current Jeep design.

Sponsored

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm thinking I may take a good, long look at available vertical clearance with the doors in place back there and see if there is an option to make something slim, yet sturdy enough that will still have the slide-out function.
I want that feature but also being able to store doors on-board trumps that want.
Ford may have made it as small as possible without going to some exotic components and it is still too high to allow for storage.
I won't know for sure until I get one and start taking some measurements.
But I know I want both features so definitely something I'll be looking at.
Maybe one of these newer AM options members will also take a look at it with their design capabilities and come up with something....
@LifestyleOffroad
@EIGHTLUG
This is a very valid talking point/research opportunity.
This is something I'd really need to look at once the rig is in my hands. The previous and current Gen Range Rover had this sliding cargo floor as an option. If you're willing to sacrifice the loss of total rear cargo area, it totally makes sense. Done right, it could be very utilitarian. A telescoping rail system could really get the platform out past the tail lights and give you 270 degree access to what's on the platform. A great option for those that see its use. A pass for those that don't see it as useful.

Ford Bronco Cargo area: sliding tail gate RR slidin

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with about 99.9% of what you post, but on this one respectfully disagree.
it's been stated with the SOT they won't store on-board.
Maybe it has to do with the roll bar position/height.

And not always will one be both doorless and topless.
Say for instance we are hundreds of miles from home (or 10 miles), the weather has turned nice, and we want to pop off the doors.
We left home fully equipped but now have to choose whether to remove doors or remove top panels.
Can't have both.
Either way it is still light years ahead of the current Jeep design.
Granted. And maybe you leave the slider at home on long trips, you'll likely want the space anyway. Who knows? I just figure that where there's a will, there's a way. Until there isn't!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granted. And maybe you leave the slider at home on long trips, you'll likely want the space anyway. Who knows? I just figure that where there's a will, there's a way. Until there isn't!
Very true.
I'd really only use the slider when I had stuff on the rack (kayaks or whatever) or when I wanted to slide it out to sit on and enjoy a cold beverage at a campsite.
I don't think the OCD in me would allow me to use it as a table to cut 2X4's on or clamp metal to and grind on.
That's what tables, workbenches, and sawhorses are for.
Granted I have used my Chevy tailgate as a workbench/saw platform more than a few times even though I told myself I wouldn't.
Sometimes necessity or convenience in a given situation trumps the time/availability of using a proper work platform...

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4Runner had/has a slider available that flattens the cargo to the seat. The surface layer slides out, not an "under" layer. This makes sense from a getting the gear out perspective but it did seem to eat a lot of area.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford totally stole this from Toyota!! Look at the seats!! Had no idea.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive owned my wrangler for 8yrs and Ive never once considered or thought, man I wish I could store my doors in the rear. They have a place to be stored on the garage wall or if we’re out camping they can be stored at camp or in a hotel like Ive done in the past when traveling. Id never recommend doors stored in the rear when on trails.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive owned my wrangler for 8yrs and Ive never once considered or thought, man I wish I could store my doors in the rear. They have a place to be stored on the garage wall or if we’re out camping they can be stored at camp or in a hotel like Ive done in the past when traveling. Id never recommend doors stored in the rear when on trails.
Keep your French Italian whatever, then. Lol

RoadKiller

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk-Wife gets new and I get left over
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not something I really see a need for. So what if floor is not level. If back row is folded down is it long enough for an adult to sleep in? Anyone know length? I can always throw (2) Denver Bronco folding chairs in the back. Sold at Lowe's. Agree if I did want not being able to fit doors a game changer.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep your French Italian whatever, then. Lol
Actually, my 2005 LJ wrangler is pre all of that. One of the last years of the real jeeps.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs