Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello ,
I am in process slowly starting to build new audio in my new 4 door Bronco
I have 2 amps and wanted to fit bot of them in the cargo storage tub. fortunately the rectangle like shape has two swiping curves and my 2 amps would fit if we’re all square corners.
I missing about 1” space to fit larger amp on one side.
thinking cut in to it and use plastic patch and glue the corner well.
other choice is to entirely fabricate this tub out of fiberglass.
just wanted if anyone has any ideas how to do it or better option.

I know many owners placing amps in passenger side panel area and it could work but I like get to this amp from time to time and this was practical spot for it. I had very similar placement in my Xterra with storage was much larger to work with. I would instal 2 small computer type fan units to circulate air fallow there to keep it all cool.
thanks for your help
so far I just started to planing all wiring and laying down sound treatment to the floors, side panels and doors. So far so good.

CD7141C9-D62C-4B35-9E07-3E538C82F168.jpeg

DDEC3CE1-8B28-48A4-9BAD-636CD0870F17.jpeg

253E5802-9DD5-4D6C-8809-81107CFADF2A.jpeg

081E3ABF-5341-487F-A176-0CA495BC3A8D.jpeg
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fans will do little in an entirely enclosed space with no vents and if you put vents in the floor cover you will from time to time be covering them with stuff unless you never plan on hauling any stuff.

Alternate locations come to mind.
Under one of the seats
Under floor vault
Attached to rear tailgate in or not in a box
Attach to roll cage
Under hood

OP
OP

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To proof that , I used exactly same 2 amps in totally closed storage in Xterra for 6 long years with zero problems and that section was not included any ventilation or fan unit. Simply put it , these amps never got hot. I was living winters in hot CA desert.
floors Are out of question since the Brinco will be used off road 80% of the time and washing floors would kill all electronics.
the location you are mentioned are poor choices , first you going to run miles of cables , lot of kinks in the tail gate , under the hood 1500 $ amps I don’t think so ! Under seat they are way too big and too many wires , I want this to be done right way.
I actually saw very good You Tube pro install where they used exactly same place for 2 smaller amps And they used 2 small computer fan units , worked flawlessly it’s was done by sound audio installer shop.
thanks for your input
below is very good tutorial how to do it I think it’s what I am going to do with my 2 big Amps
https://na01.safelinks.protection.o...2n7SoMg63YApF8zNXndTdRzHcQWkonzpc=&reserved=0
Sponsored

Last edited: