Sponsored

Change to black and roast color interior combination in aftermarket?

adkern392

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I currently reserved a black diamond that only has the Onyx interior color available. However, I like the look of the black and roast color combination in the outerbanks selections. Does anyone know whether you can change that aftermarket? Curious on any ideas.

Cheers !
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you can find someone's take offs that would be great but probably not. They'd have to upgrade to something else. Otherwise, Katzskin will be a good avenue. But that's around $1,700 to $2k+.

OP
OP
adkern392

adkern392

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you know if katskinz could change the panel colors on the doors? That’s what I’m more into knowing how to change.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you know if katskinz could change the panel colors on the doors? That’s what I’m more into knowing how to change.
That would depend on the shop doing the install. Katzkin would include material to do the armrest on the door to match, however the upper panel isn’t upholstered on lower trim levels. It’s definitely doable, but would depend on the installer

Sponsored

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m kind of in the same boat… I have the 2 tone roast with blue accents in my OBX… I’m not really a fan, but due to the limited inventory options I pulled the trigger. I would much rather have all black and gray. Wondering if I could at least change out the seat covers , If I could resell the factory leather ? If that’s a possibility ? And over time replace the accent pieces ….

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have roast and black cloth coming in a week or 2. I’m switching to leather and would sell the cloth interior. No back armrest in mine

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m kind of in the same boat… I have the 2 tone roast with blue accents in my OBX… I’m not really a fan, but due to the limited inventory options I pulled the trigger. I would much rather have all black and gray. Wondering if I could at least change out the seat covers , If I could resell the factory leather ? If that’s a possibility ? And over time replace the accent pieces ….
there are sets of leather takeoffs on ebay. They go for around $500.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My thoughts on the roast and black cloth interior is to downplay the roast by replacing seating with mostly black leather.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are also Mabett covers available...

https://amzn.to/3WlcF1i

There's a brown/black option, but not in stock.

Also, I think it's @mcinfantry who may be getting something similar to what's being discussed here at a local shop near him. He's got a picture he's shared...

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The roast onyx cloth interior is one of the best in my opinion. Of course that’s why I have it.

4E2D90BE-F387-4408-983C-BC05B9CAAD67.jpeg

202515DE-CBD5-4044-96CA-16357ACDEA00.jpeg

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I looked on eBay there are many options, a few say katskin and a few say take offs and others are somewhat vague..anyone know where they are sourced or made? Just Chinese knockoffs??? I’m not sure I’d take a chance unless they were really take-offs or Katskins.

Retired Guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I swapped out the stock cloth interior on my BB for Katzkin gray and black leather. I ordered the seats in October and the shop had them in less than two weeks. Did the install in one day. Cost was approx $1800.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swapped out the stock cloth interior on my BB for Katzkin gray and black leather. I ordered the seats in October and the shop had them in less than two weeks. Did the install in one day. Cost was approx $1800.
That’s my plan too. Katskins also said they have a mobile solution for not much more. How much customization did you do for that price? My area is always on the high end but will see.
thanks for the info

Retired Guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s my plan too. Katskins also said they have a mobile solution for not much more. How much customization did you do for that price? My area is always on the high end but will see.
thanks for the info
I did a fairly standard interior. Black/Gray with Gray stitching. The shop was close to my house and very accommodating.. When I dropped off my Bronco they had a least four dozen boxes of Katzkin leather ready for installation. Katzkin was also very easy to work with.
Sponsored