Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

I thought about posting this in the recent thread started by @DadLife, but didn't want to pollute that thread and/or have this question get lost.

I hadn't heard anything from my dealer in approximately 6 months, so I did some outreach. I asked where I was in their list of orders and what priority code my reservation/order had attached to it. As background, my reservation was made the initial evening that Ford started taking advance reservations (July 2020?). My reservation was probably 20-30 minutes after the website allowed me to get in. From there, I converted my reservation to an order in mid-Jan 2021. My reservation is for a Badlands with Sasquatch package, and dual top group.

Here is the feedback that I received from the GM:

You should have received several emails from Ford speaking directly to the roof issues and timing for certain roof options. Your Bronco appears to be a dual roof option with MIC and soft top. This option is not even going to be available until the 2023 model year due to supplier issues. They are giving all soft top bronco orders a free conversion kit and 200k for pass points ($1000) to use towards purchasing a hard top down the road.

Ford has about a 90%+ take rate on the hardtops and are only able to produce around 60% with the hardtop, so this is where the problem lies.

I would highly recommend changing your order from the dual top to the soft top and even removing the tow hitch option since this option is holding up orders as well (install after delivery) if you want to speed up delivery. If you are not in a hurry to get the Bronco, then you can continue to wait….knowing it will be a 2023 if no changes are made.

Seeing if these comments align with what you are all hearing.

In a later email, he added this "The timing is too hard to estimate right now. My guess is sometime early winter."
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He’s right in terms of dual top. MY23 as of now. You can go MIC but delays delays delays. Soft top will come with prep package which includes hook ups for washer, wiper, defroster and control in cabin. Can’t speak to the Ford pass points.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes that is accurate information. You should have received emails from Ford stating whats going on with the hard tops.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the 200,000 ford pass point were for MOD top holders that ordered prior to March 19th. I could be wrong though.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When my dealer called to convert my reservation to an order, he told me he was changing my dual top option to strictly the MIC because of delays. He also took off my rock rails and brush guard stating those were going to hold it up as well. My order was entered 2/5.
I still do not have a vin or production date. I’ve received no emails from Ford outside of the general ones we’ve all received and only when I’ve reached out to the dealer have I received an email from them. I’m currently waiting on them to send me a copy of the order paperwork. They have 45 on order and only 4 have received acceptance of build/vin so far.

OP
OP

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks gents. Very good information & please keep it coming. Much appreciated. Not to pile on to Ford's bad communication of this. I can appreciate delays, but I'm just surprised they aren't managing the communication of the delays slightly better.

The sun will still rise in the east tomorrow.

I'm glad I got my F-150 when I did. Was fortunate to beat out the major part of the chip shortage somehow.
Sponsored