Sponsored

Chase Light Bar without running wires to front ?

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi what options are there for a multifunction chase light bar to connect to the pre ran aux switch in the cargo areas without having to run any wires to the front?

I really want the KC Hilities Multifunction Chase Light Bar but it’s so expensive and to use the functions I would have to get a switch. I found 2 wireless switches Project X and Trigger but buy the light and the switch VERY expensive.

Are there any lights out there that just come with an app to control the lights so I don’t have to get a switch to control each different function? Or cheaper switches that would work?
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure of any lights that come with wireless controls, but there are a few off-brand wireless controllers with remote mount modules that eliminate running wires into the cab.
The factory aux wiring is quite underwhelming IMHO, but I guess its better than none.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the aux switches, there are pre terminated wires at the front bumper, top (right , I think) of the windshield, and at the rear quarter panel (again, right hand side).

here is a diagram.
Ford Bronco Chase Light Bar without running wires to front ? IMG_9522

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rebecca Tiffany

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure of any lights that come with wireless controls, but there are a few off-brand wireless controllers with remote mount modules that eliminate running wires into the cab.
The factory aux wiring is quite underwhelming IMHO, but I guess its better than none.
Which brand modules are there that you know of?

OP
OP
Rebecca Tiffany

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the aux switches, there are pre terminated wires at the front bumper, top (right , I think) of the windshield, and at the rear quarter panel (again, right hand side).

here is a diagram.
Ford Bronco Chase Light Bar without running wires to front ? IMG_9522
Yes that’s why I’m looking for a switch with a wireless control panel or phone app to control the multiple functions that the KC light can do like amber on, white on, strobe light, etc. since the aux switch is only for 1 item and the light bar has multiple lights that can do multiple functions

Or looking for a light that comes with an app already so I don’t need a switch and I can just use the 1 pre ran wire

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes that’s why I’m looking for a switch with a wireless control panel or phone app to control the multiple functions that the KC light can do like amber on, white on, strobe light, etc. since the aux switch is only for 1 item and the light bar has multiple lights that can do multiple functions

Or looking for a light that comes with an app already so I don’t need a switch and I can just use the 1 pre ran wire
You do not need to use the pre terminated wires. You can come straight off of the harness near the firewall, and tie in each function to different switches. I have multiple lights on my bumper. Only one set uses the pre terminated end at the bumper. All others were run to the firewall termination points. And all run straight from the Aux switches.

here is a chart to show you which switch runs which wire.

Ford Bronco Chase Light Bar without running wires to front ? IMG_9523

OP
OP
Rebecca Tiffany

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The light bar would be for the the rear of the Bronco and only 1 wire is ran to the back

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which brand modules are there that you know of?
I just searched Amazon. No brand in particular. All chinese stuff.
I cannot vouch for any of them personally.
here is one.
https://a.co/d/hTawLm7
Still need wiring to the accessories of course, but something like this prevents the need to running more wires into the cab.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Chase Light Bar without running wires to front ? IMG_2195

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ill be using something like that to add lights to my roof rack once Im done making mounts for it. But thats a ways off still.

OP
OP
Rebecca Tiffany

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ill be using something like that to add lights to my roof rack once Im done making mounts for it. But thats a ways off still.
I actually also finally found that wireless switch last night but not a lot of reviews, I wish I it came with an app! I might try this just debating it vs project x and trigger

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The light bar would be for the the rear of the Bronco and only 1 wire is ran to the back
I understand what a chase rack is and where it’s placed. I was Just giving you my example of wire usage. You do not need to use the factory provided rear wire at all. You can connect directly to each Aux Switch from the wiring harness on the driver side fire wall. Ford provided extra wire in pre terminated places around the rig to help make things easier, but you do not need to use any of it. I highly recommend that you research and get an understanding of what steps are required to actually make your Aux Switches functional. I think then you will understand what I’m attempting to share with you. If you were to only connect to the rear wire that ford provided, your aux switch would not work, as there is zero power actually connected at those termination points. You must also make a connection at the firewall to make anything work via the Aux Switches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rebecca Tiffany

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand what a chase rack is and where it’s placed. I was Just giving you my example of wire usage. You do not need to use the factory provided rear wire at all. You can connect directly to each Aux Switch from the wiring harness on the driver side fire wall. Ford provided extra wire in pre terminated places around the rig to help make things easier, but you do not need to use any of it. I highly recommend that you research and get an understanding of what steps are required to actually make your Aux Switches functional. I think then you will understand what I’m attempting to share with you. If you were to only connect to the rear wire that ford provided, your aux switch would not work, as there is zero power actually connected at those termination points. You must also make a connection at the firewall to make anything work via the Aux Switches.
I’ve already connected my front bumper lights and a pillar lights to my aux switches. For the rear cargo wire know I have to connect the 2 wires under the glove and then again under the engine. Are you saying to run wires for the light bar from the back of the Bronco to the front?
Sponsored