First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands/Sas, 04 Jeep Rucicon, 85 MB Gwagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After much searching I bought one of these Chinese fobs on ebay for $22 and change including shipping. There are others selling the same things. Received it in 3 days and programmed fine. Now I have 3 so if I lose one I'm not at the dealers mercy to sell me one and program it. You need 2 to program another one yourself. The manual transmission fob does not have the remote start button so I imagine the fob for those with automatics are different. This is FCC-id M3N-A2C93142300 .

Bronco Key Fob.jpg
Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great idea, thanks for sharing. Just bought one from eBay.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I have an automatic but I never use remote start. I am wondering if I can program a non-remote start fob using my key fobs that have the button.

Would be nice to get rid of an unneeded button on the fob.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you post a link or describe how to program a 3rd remote.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BruceAZ

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
" Thanks for posting! I have an automatic but I never use remote start. I am wondering if I can program a non-remote start fob using my key fobs that have the button. "

My guess is no, but I'm only guessing. One of the things I saw when I was researching the availability of the fob for my Bronco is that it uses 315mhz frequency. I think I saw that the 4-button remote uses 915mhz. The first thing I would check is the FCC id on your remote (it's in VARY small print under the removable metal key) and see what the specs are for it. You can also use that id number to do searches on ebay and other places.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a Ford service advisor, I see these keys all the time and they're junk, they work for a month or two then crap out.

OP
OP

BruceAZ

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a Ford service advisor, I see these keys all the time and they're junk, they work for a month or two then crap out.
Thank you for sharing your experience. As a Ford service advisor would you please let us know what your dealership charges for the Ford oem fob and programming?

I will make a note on my calendar to update my experience in 60 days, or sooner if it craps out in the next month or two. The seller offers 30 day returns with free return shipping.

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought one identical to OEM. It was around $95 as I recall. Works great.

Got from a site called car & truck remotes. I keep the third key at my lake house. Purchased one from the same site for the wife’s wagoneer as well.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for sharing your experience. As a Ford service advisor would you please let us know what your dealership charges for the Ford oem fob and programming?

I will make a note on my calendar to update my experience in 60 days, or sooner if it craps out in the next month or two. The seller offers 30 day returns with free return shipping.
$350 including programming... programming is $100.

OP
OP

BruceAZ

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I promised a report after 60 days. It's been 61 and still working fine. Seems like a great alternative to a $350 bill from a dealer.
Sponsored