Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why Ford requires 2 for the owner to program is beyond me
It prevents that unkown to you person who you hand your key to when you take it to your local tire shop, oil change quick stop or mechanic, etc. from making a copy that they could pass off or sell (with your address from the invoice) to a car thief
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It prevents that unkown to you person who you hand your key to when you take it to your local tire shop, oil change quick stop or mechanic, etc. from making a copy that they could pass off or sell (with your address from the invoice) to a car thief
that is the first thing with this vehicle’s goofy electronics that actually makes sense

Prurience

Big Bend
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it's worth noting that the passive key backup starting location is in the center console, underneath the little mat with a keyfob shape indention. I have a '24 Bronco and a correct fob, just tried to program it for an hour. Followed the instructions, the blinkers blinked and it said "key programming successful" about 5 times. But the key doesn't work, key battery is good. I put the keys in upside down, right side up, and all other ways because I saw that it sometimes takes persistence. Any ideas on how to tell if key programming is enabled?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it's worth noting that the passive key backup starting location is in the center console, underneath the little mat with a keyfob shape indention. I have a '24 Bronco and a correct fob, just tried to program it for an hour. Followed the instructions, the blinkers blinked and it said "key programming successful" about 5 times. But the key doesn't work, key battery is good. I put the keys in upside down, right side up, and all other ways because I saw that it sometimes takes persistence. Any ideas on how to tell if key programming is enabled?
Only a dealership can enable/disable spare key programming as far as I know, and all vehicles should be enabled from the factory.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too have a 2024 Ford bronco. I purchased a used Ford bronco key that had the exact same frequency as my two original keys. Using the owners manual in the bronco, I follow the instructions exactly as they described. My key fob was facing buttons up With the unlock button facing the front of the vehicle. I had all three key fobs in the vehicle (the original 2+ the used Ford key fob purchase from eBay). The doors were closed, and my foot was off the break. I started with the two original keys and ended with the replacement key. Worked flawlessly for me following the instructions from the owners manual.

Would suggest, verifying the key frequency, matches the keys that came with the bronco.

Sponsored

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try what post #59 recommends. And then report back if possible. I'm about to buy a new FOB and would apprecitate the confirmation.

shortround_

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Bronco, eruption green metallica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just did the setup. When it works, you get the “key added” message and the doors lock/unlock.
$70 for the fob and another $85 to have a locksmith cut the skeleton key.
Pro tip: it if fails the first time, wait 1m and do the setup rikki tikki. Not taking longer than 10s each step is the way.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I programmed two fobs this weekend.

$72.46 for the two OEM fobs.

$21.98 for the two hardkeys on Amazon, the dealer cut them for free for me.

So $94.44 for two complete OEM keys and fobs.

Thank you Bronco6G for all the information!

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had this error? Also, I was doing everything right wait, waiting the second but I put the key face down and then it worked.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this worked fine for me. but it is trickey. you wouldn’t think such simple instructions could be so easy to make one tiny error on…..but it took me like 5 tries to get it right. it was like playing that game “Simon” lol

but… in the end, I now keep my 2 factory keys in the safe at home and the new spare on my person.

btw: this is what I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPBD9T1X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

shortround_

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Bronco, eruption green metallica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good to hear it worked for you.