First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somewhere I saw that an optional door pin pad was going to be available. I don't think the keys have left my F150 more than a few times in the last 10 years thanks to that pin pad. In which case, I could care less what the fob looks like.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. I was worried that some access would be needed if the fob battery died. Haven't see where they put the keyhole, but it blends well.
Our CRV has the intelligent access feature and is becoming common with automakers to add it. The only thing I need to fob in my hand for is remote start. All other access is fob-free. Just have to have it in my pocket.
I believe that's likely going to end up somewhere in the center console (and I'm not sure if you use the actual key or not).

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I hope I can hang it on the dash somewhere and let it swing back and forth as I drive, leaving a semicircle on the paint....just for old times sake.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that's likely going to end up somewhere in the center console (and I'm not sure if you use the actual key or not).
Other manufacturers have RFID chips in the Fob to hold close to the Start/Stop for brief un-powered override to start the vehicle without needing a key.

I did see a key hole in the center console and the glove box on previous photos... I'll dig them up and edit this post with what looks like a key place to lock the contents with all the doors/roof off.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? 1596132713332

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? 1596132794810

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? 1596132871425

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they make an alternative like Land Rover and their waterproof bracelet that you can wear at all times and not worry about losing it or getting it wet/dirty.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Other manufacturers have RFID chips in the Fob to hold close to the Start/Stop for brief un-powered override to start the vehicle without needing a key.

I did see a key hole in the center console and the glove box on previous photos... I'll dig them up and edit this post with what looks like a key place to lock the contents with all the doors/roof off.
My Mustang has a slot under the cup holder cover that you put the key in if the key battery is dead.

I'm sure Bronco will have something similar.

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Key Fob? IMG_8306

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope they make an alternative like Land Rover and their waterproof bracelet that you can wear at all times and not worry about losing it or getting it wet/dirty.
"dealer told me" that the Ford Pass App on your phone will be able to "mimic" the fob functions and allow entry and remote start (if equipped).

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldve liked something a little more rugged. I have always liked the JL Wrangler Key.

Also I think since this is the return of such a special vehicle, Ford should have made a fob that stands out from Mustang, F-Series, Etc.

0 percent on my radar, both my key fobs stay in my backpack, havenā€™t seen either in years. Bronco will be the same.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want one of those waterproof wrist band fobs. I dont need keys in my pocket when out in the mountains or swimming etc.

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are keyholes on the door handles.

You don't have to stick the key anywhere to start it - it has a push button start.

All models come with push button start and keyless entry. The difference is "intelligent access", which comes with the Mid Package - this is your setup that lets you lock/unlock the vehicle from the handle without having to touch the key (you can see the black rectangle on the left side of the handle in the photo above). Models without that have to lock/unlock the car with the fob, but start the vehicle without a key in an ignition.
yea i admitted to being wrong and found that i was talking about "Intelligent access" you must have just missed it. But yea, that's where the confusion was.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

no worries,

if the key fob battery dies there is always a key hole on the outside to get in and what i've seen most of the time is the cup holder has a more power RFID ring that can read the passive RFID fob since it is dead and no longer an active RFID fob

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0 percent on my radar, both my key fobs stay in my backpack, havenā€™t seen either in years. Bronco will be the same.
I totally get you, but what about when you want to jumping on a lake or ocean, if I can go ahead and leave my key at home and just carry one on my wrist, it would be awesome!

As of now, my keys live on my pocket all day as well.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally get you, but what about when you want to jumping on a lake or ocean, if I can go ahead and leave my key at home and just carry one on my wrist, it would be awesome!

As of now, my keys live on my pocket all day as well.
My Mustang fob used to be attached to a necklace prior to retiring to my backpack. Too bad they couldnā€™t include a smaller version thatā€™s water proof/resistant as mentioned for outside the Bronco excursions. Probably be a good sized market for it as a wearable of some type; watch or necklace being the most practical. Donā€™t necessarily need the buttons, just a battery circuit board and RF transmitter. Who knows, maybe itā€™s one of the 300 accessories....
Sponsored