First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would agree. Mine took 2 tries to program. My aftermarket fob does all the features the oem ones do. Including remote start.
Sponsored

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did my 2023 Black Diamond and my sister's Wildtrak 2023. Mine a 3 button remote her's a 5 button, both bought from Ford on line. Both programmed the first time and worked completely

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fordparts.com is selling them for $35. I bought 2, got free shipping to my home. And they look to be OEM with "Bronco" stamped on the back.

Programming following the OP's directions was easy-peasy, and now I have 4 fobs. I bought aftermarket keys since I don't care so much about that. Getting those cut next week at a locksmith.

My local Ford dealer wanted $250 per fob! What a joke.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my spare from ford without the blank. All the ones I see on Amazon say not compatible. Anyone have a link to one the fits?

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my spare from ford without the blank. All the ones I see on Amazon say not compatible. Anyone have a link to one the fits?
I've used these guys for BMW, 2 different Land Rovers and Ram. Will be buying one for the Bronco soon. You can get them with or without the key blank. We have a locksmith in our area that cuts the blank keys. Never had an issue. Saved a bunch even having to pay the dealer to program the fob.
https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/...term=-remotes&utm_content=Remote Prod Targets

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

According to the owners manual instructions regarding the keys, you can only have 4 programmed. The question that I can't seem to find the answer to is that over the life of the Bronco or at one time?
Curious because I programmed a spare and managed to lose it almost immediately. So I have programmed another one, it's working (keys buttons facing down people!) and that's my four. If I try to program another will it work? My concern is that during the programming process the Bronco told me the key battery is weak, but didn't tell me which one. If that key fails I can't program a replacement?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to the owners manual instructions regarding the keys, you can only have 4 programmed. The question that I can't seem to find the answer to is that over the life of the Bronco or at one time?
Curious because I programmed a spare and managed to lose it almost immediately. So I have programmed another one, it's working (keys buttons facing down people!) and that's my four. If I try to program another will it work? My concern is that during the programming process the Bronco told me the key battery is weak, but didn't tell me which one. If that key fails I can't program a replacement?
It’s 4 at one time. Not over the lifetime.
For example; If you reached the maximum allowed, then proceeded to lose all of them, the dealership would need to go in and erase all the programmed keys, then they could program new ones.

Realistically if you lose any key, you should bring it to the dealership and have them erase all the keys, then reprogram the ones you still have. That way the one you lost will no longer work.

As far as figuring out which one has a low battery, just start the vehicle with each fob (one at a time with the others nowhere near the vehicle) until it gives you the low battery message again, then you’ll know that specific one has a low battery, and you can replace the battery as needed.

Last edited:

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You can replace the battery.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can replace all the batteries if you don’t know which one too.

Sponsored

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Battery replacement should not affect the programing of the key

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s 4 at one time. Not over the lifetime.
For example; If you reached the maximum allowed, then proceeded to lose all of them, the dealership would need to go in and erase all the programmed keys, then they could program new ones.

Realistically if you lose any key, you should bring it to the dealership and have them erase all the keys, then reprogram the ones you still have. That way the one you lost will no longer work.

As far as figuring out which one has a low battery, just start the vehicle with each fob (one at a time with the others nowhere near the vehicle) until it gives you the low battery message again, then you’ll know that specific one has a low battery, and you can replace the battery as needed.
I can’t possibly imagine having 4 key fobs for 1 vehicle and being worried about it not being enough.

😂

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just bought the Ford key for $47 shipped and programmed it. I didn't get an actual key blank yet, I figured this would be cheap insurance if I ever lost or damaged one of the keys. Procedure worked perfectly and took less than a minute.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
is there a choice for a smaller, compact (fewer features) key fob?
The 2023 one is crazy big and heavy

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, this is a good reminder - I got on off ebay last year but couldn't get it to work. I need to get another and try again, really want to get this done and put the 3rd away in a safe place in case one gets lost. Why Ford requires 2 for the owner to program is beyond me, I've programmed several for other vehicles with no issues.
Sponsored