indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that having an extra (3rd one) makes sense. Especially if you "misplace" things. I will look into this
Especially when you've got other family members (kids) driving who lose things or don't put back in the right place. Then it's nice to have some spare keys.

I've got a Kia with the old school regular key everyone it's b*tching and moaning about lately, and it's great. No chunky fob, no alarm accidently going off, and easy cheap key duplication.

I'd be happy if Bronco offered that option. Although it requires a bit of a workout, because you have to turn the key. ;)

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2nd key fob story.
Back in 2021 when we took delivery of my wife's Mach-E, there was only one key fob? We questioned the dealer and he said confidently, oh well, you only get one.
We could order a 2nd one as a spare, so we did. There was going to be the cost of the programmable fob and the programming. We said ok.
Couple months later we got a call to bring in our Mach-E so the could program the 2nd fob.
After waiting about 2 hours they said it was done and presented us with the BILL!
$653 dollars, huh Wait wha?? Ok we paid it and left disgruntled and disallusioned.
Then about 3 months ago we got a letter from Ford saying hey we're sorry, but some of our models back in 2021 went out with only one key fob! The letter also said we could get the 2nd fob at no cost to us OR we could get reimburesed if we had gone ahead and purchased a 2nd fob. All we had to do was to present the paid invoice to the dealer and we would get our money back.
WOW this was great, so we did it but it had to go thru Ford after giving the dealer the paper work. I was skepticle like we were gonna get the full $653 bucks back from Ford? For a Key Fob?
Well this week Ford came thru and we cashed the check gleefully.
I hope you enjoyed this good feeling happy ending story!!
I enjoy seeing larceny corrected!

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered two extra FOBS; thanks for the post.

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Found this on Amazon.

Do not know if compatible tho ?

Ford Bronco Additional Key Fob Screenshot_20230424_064350_Chrome

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get a new fob, program it as a kids "my key" and Don't etch the metal key.

Now you have a valet key/service key/kids key that has limited access.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just programed the 3rd key. Got from Amazon this week. Will get key blade cut by local locksmith in a couple weeks.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just programed the 3rd key. Got from Amazon this week. Will get key blade cut by local locksmith in a couple weeks.
Link... I want a third fob but don't care about even having the key made. Just want it in case I lose one.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Link... I want a third fob but don't care about even having the key made. Just want it in case I lose one.
So, Amazon. Type
So, Amazon. Alliskeys is the brand. Just type in Ford Bronco Key Fob. There are other brands and I can't vouch for them. But I added my new fob to my Bronco in under a minute.

Ford Bronco Additional Key Fob Screenshot_20230429_205735_Chrome

Ford Bronco Additional Key Fob Screenshot_20230429_205706_Chrome

Make sure you get correct one depending on if you have factory remote or not.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
419-01B Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) - Vehicles With: Keyless Vehicle System
2022 - 2023 Bronco
General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 03/14/2019
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys
Programming

NOTE:
This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

NOTE: Two previously programmed keys are required to perform this procedure. All the steps must be completed within 30 seconds.

NOTE: Make sure all the doors are closed prior to beginning this procedure and they remain closed until the procedure is complete.

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.
Noticed the qualifier: This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

Do Broncos typically come from the factory with spare key programming enabled?

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Noticed the qualifier: This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

I programmed a key I bought off Amazon.

You should be good to proceed in programming a 3rd Key

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. It would need to be programmed off for it not to work.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
419-01B Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) - Vehicles With: Keyless Vehicle System
2022 - 2023 Bronco
General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 03/14/2019
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys
Programming

NOTE:
This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

NOTE: Two previously programmed keys are required to perform this procedure. All the steps must be completed within 30 seconds.

NOTE: Make sure all the doors are closed prior to beginning this procedure and they remain closed until the procedure is complete.

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.
Followed the instructions yesterday and got my extra key fob programmed no problem. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored