First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what if one is lost and only one left that I have . how do you program a new new FOB ) ?
Sponsored

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just ordered a Ford OEM Key Fab From Parts.for.com. 3 button
Does not come with the key blank (You can get them on eBay for $10) fords key blank is $105 the fob is only $35 - $45 depending on the model, why mess around with aftermarket.
Followed the programing instructions with the 2 original keys, worked the 1st time.
DM me if you have any questions.
Ford Bronco Additional Key Fob 1692382680232

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
419-01B Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) - Vehicles With: Keyless Vehicle System
2022 - 2023 Bronco
General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 03/14/2019
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys
Programming

NOTE:
This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

NOTE: Two previously programmed keys are required to perform this procedure. All the steps must be completed within 30 seconds.

NOTE: Make sure all the doors are closed prior to beginning this procedure and they remain closed until the procedure is complete.

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.
Just did this, worked great first time. thanks! $39.17 USD

Base key 2017 - 2022 Ford Smart Key 3B FCC# M3N-A2C93142300

https://www.locksmithkeyless.com/pr...3b-fcc-m3n-a2c93142300?variant=43054081704170

2 details that seem to be important
  1. Close all doors
  2. Fob face down
I do Question the security of the after market key(3rd key). But I'm only using it in case I lose a key. I can reprogram a fourth key that would be oem. Came with key blank, but I won't use/ cut it

Last edited:

EricAlphonse

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what if one is lost and only one left that I have . how do you program a new new FOB ) ?
I'm in the same boat- lost mine with the doors off on the highway. Anyone else have any luck with just 1 remote? Dealer wants $400

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat- lost mine with the doors off on the highway. Anyone else have any luck with just 1 remote? Dealer wants $400
Can’t do it with one. Dealership will have to.

Sanndmann3

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that don't know... key fob (or transponder) only works with 1 vehicle. You can't take your wife's '23 Explorer remotes and program them as back ups to your Bronco, while still expecting them to start your wife's vehicle...
Ask me how I know...

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
419-01B Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) - Vehicles With: Keyless Vehicle System
2022 - 2023 Bronco
General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 03/14/2019
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys
Programming

NOTE:
This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

NOTE: Two previously programmed keys are required to perform this procedure. All the steps must be completed within 30 seconds.

NOTE: Make sure all the doors are closed prior to beginning this procedure and they remain closed until the procedure is complete.

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.
Tried this many times . Didn't say anything about Failed. Didn't dsay anything at all. . Very confusing. Where should the new key to be programed be? Assuming also in the car. So we don't do anything with the new key?? I put the existing fob in with buttons up. Do I step on break and actually start car? Tried it both ways. How can I tell if it is enabled to program?
Any help would be appreciated.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tried this many times . Didn't say anything about Failed. Didn't dsay anything at all. . Very confusing. Where should the new key to be programed be? Assuming also in the car. So we don't do anything with the new key?? I put the existing fob in with buttons up. Do I step on break and actually start car? Tried it both ways. How can I tell if it is enabled to program?
Any help would be appreciated.
I’m not sure how much more clear I can make the instructions. it’s a very easy procedure to follow. At no point should you be touching the brake or starting the vehicle.

You do the exact same thing 3 times. Once with an already programmed fob, again with your second already programmed fob, and a final time with the un-programmed new fob

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you been placing the FOBs buttons down or up? I programmed mine this weekend and it only worked with the button down.

Sponsored

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m not sure how much more clear I can make the instructions. it’s a very easy procedure to follow. At no point should you be touching the brake or starting the vehicle.

You do the exact same thing 3 times. Once with an already programmed fob, again with your second already programmed fob, and a final time with the un-programmed new fob
Thanks. Just did it properly. Wasn't putting the key to be programmed in. Thanks again.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got a 2024 Big Bend and this was one of the first things I did.

Two data points to add:
1. It only worked after I put the remotes in, buttons down, and towards the back. The removable key was towards the front of the car. Not sure why this mattered but it did.
2. It said it paired successfully, but the remote buttons wouldn’t work until AFTER I used one of the old remotes. As in: Outside the car, tried locking with the new remote. No go. Tried unlocking. No good. Then I used the old remote to lock, and the new remote suddenly worked.

remote start won’t work on the new remote (so far) but at least I have a paired remote and can program a new one if I lose an OEM remote. It was about $35 on Amazon.