ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone seen this yet? I have a 2022 2.7L Badlands built in May/June, 2022 with 8,400 miles.

Dealer can't get it in for service for another week. Yellow Check Engine light is persistent, never turns off. Anything to be concerned about? Safe to drive short distances in the meantime?

Ford Bronco Check Engine Light: Engine Temperature Sensor issue IMG_9200
Sponsored

The Canadian

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue back in February 2023. The car was 1 year old. The tech at the dealership found that the sensor (located in the mirror assembly on the driver's side) was cracked and rusted, that the wiring was corroded, and also noticed that the mirror assembly was cracked. They had to change the whole mirror assembly.
Yesterday, I got the same error message (following a day of wrong temperature reading), almost one year later! I still need to take the car in. But this time, the mirror assembly appears intact.
I suspect this issue may be more widespread than what the number of posts on the subject suggests.

OP
OP
ried

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue back in February 2023. The car was 1 year old. The tech at the dealership found that the sensor (located in the mirror assembly on the driver's side) was cracked and rusted...
Different issue in my case. In the engine bay, the air temperature sensor on the air box had a wire that was broken, presumably chewed by a rodent? Repairing the broken wire fixed the issue.

Sponsored

The Canadian

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That actually makes me feel better. It could be a different issue, as you have mentioned. I was driving back home yesterday evening and had to use the heater, which would not do much heating. My understanding is that the actual heating is based on the measured temperature difference (outside vs inside vs setting), unlike previous cars I owned where you could heat the interior even on a scorching hot day (given your location, I suspect you don't get to experiment with the heater too much!!).
On the other hand, the displayed outside temperature is 70 degrees (Celsius that is) too high, just like the first time it happened.
One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of sensors on those cars!

The Canadian

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it turns out, I cancelled the appointment with the dealership. After about a week, the reading went back to normal and the engine light turned off. During that week, the humidity level was quite high, which is typical during the change of season. I suspect the sensor doesn't like it. That could also explain the corroding a year before at around the same period.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Different issue in my case. In the engine bay, the air temperature sensor on the air box had a wire that was broken, presumably chewed by a rodent? Repairing the broken wire fixed the issue.
Do you happen to know what the code was? Was it P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Bank 1? I just had something chew through mine today and the Bronco won’t start now and has a flashing Check Engine Light. I soldered new wires in and it didn’t fix the problem, did the dealer have to do anything else?
Sponsored