Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check engine light came on yesterday at 1856 miles. Message is shown below. Of course I will take it to the dealer this time and will update the thread once I know more.

However…. Worth noting this is the second time this has happened. First time was on Nov 30 at 525 miles. Got the exact same error message. Made an appointment with the dealer to have it checked out, but the error cleared itself within 7 days and at that time the service advisor told me
not to bother bringing it in. So I didn’t.

Engine runs fine! Both times it happened during mountain driving on I-70 in Colorado.

Badlands with 2.7l engine.

Anyone else seen this error?
Ford Bronco Check Engine Light - Second Time D635F960-123A-4787-9516-A5057DF6D4FD
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you checked all your electrical connections at the battery and fuse box in the engine compartment. Several others with similar conditions that are attributed to loose electrical connections.

OP
OP
Bronco80443

Bronco80443

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, yes I did. Nothing obvious. Next step - see what Ford says. Will update when I know more.

Crzyivin

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check engine light came on yesterday at 1856 miles. Message is shown below. Of course I will take it to the dealer this time and will update the thread once I know more.

However…. Worth noting this is the second time this has happened. First time was on Nov 30 at 525 miles. Got the exact same error message. Made an appointment with the dealer to have it checked out, but the error cleared itself within 7 days and at that time the service advisor told me
not to bother bringing it in. So I didn’t.

Engine runs fine! Both times it happened during mountain driving on I-70 in Colorado.

Badlands with 2.7l engine.

Anyone else seen this error?
Ford Bronco Check Engine Light - Second Time D635F960-123A-4787-9516-A5057DF6D4FD
did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm also in CO and had the same thing happen on the downhill side of I-70 just before Idaho Springs. I also got a couple other codes at the time and the dealer changed out some sort of a valve. I drove for under another 100 miles and that same message you posted popped up for the second time.

OP
OP
Bronco80443

Bronco80443

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the prompt - yes there was a next step and so far so good. The tech at Summit Ford in Silverthorne ran all the error codes and consulted with Ford. They advised to replace the Evap Canister Purge Valve (whatever that is). Took them about a month to locate the part and fix it - and for the last two months I have not seen the check engine light again. Fir gets crossed it stays that way! All fixed under warranty, of course. Happy with the service I received at that dealership.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco80443

Bronco80443

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh - forgot to mention - the engine ran fine the whole time. No issues at all with performance (including mountain driving) even when the light was on.

Crzyivin

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh - forgot to mention - the engine ran fine the whole time. No issues at all with performance (including mountain driving) even when the light was on.
Great, thanks for the response!
Sponsored