Sponsored

Check in if you have AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust and are happy with it?

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Preparing to purchase and have done a lot of research. I've read just about every thread in the forums and I get that there are lots of opinions. I've researched the top 5 or 6 options and gone pretty far down the rabbit hole (even to the point of comparing the grade of SS each is manufactured with). I won't get into what my final options are because what I'd like from this thread is just to understand who has installed AWE OFG and are you happy with it? Please share your setup (no tips, single tip, dual) and your experience with drone.
Sponsored

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it with the dual exhaust. Iā€™m not thrilled with it. It drones with light throttle at 1900rpm and about 3500rpm. Full throttle doesnā€™t sound great either. Build quality also isnā€™t fantastic. I had a Full-Race exhaust on my F150 and everything about it was better than the AWE. Iā€™d get something else.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Started with the dual tip on my 2.7. I am know running the bash tip and think it sounds better with a lot less drone.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have it with the dual exhaust. Iā€™m not thrilled with it. It drones with light throttle at 1900rpm and about 3500rpm. Full throttle doesnā€™t sound great either. Build quality also isnā€™t fantastic. I had a Full-Race exhaust on my F150 and everything about it was better than the AWE. Iā€™d get something else.
Thx Foxbody. I'm surprised about the build quality. It's made of 304 Stainless which is significantly better than the 409 that most build with. Good feedback though.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Started with the dual tip on my 2.7. I am know running the bash tip and think it sounds better with a lot less drone.
Thx BryantC. I am considering just going with bash tip for best clearance. I really don't want to pay good money for an after-market exhaust and then have drone problems though. I haven't seen too many complaints about drone with this AWE, but sounds like there are some.

Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would love feedback from @Sara/AWE or @Josh/AWE regarding the drone mentioned in the replies above.
Often drone is confused with more volume at a certain RPM. For those that have experienced true drone frequencies they are very harsh, I would even venture to say painful to the ears. Drone and exhaust note are very different.

It's critical to allow a proper break in (~1K miles) to allow the resonator packing to fluff up (our recipe doesn't break down over time, rather the opposite).

As far as tips go, no matter which system you choose it comes with the BashGuardā„¢ so you have the option to switch between configurations on the fly.

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Sara/AWE Can I safely run the bash tip all the time? I dont like the single tip side exit and dont really want dual tips because I dont want it too loud.

Sara/AWE

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Sara/AWE Can I safely run the bash tip all the time? I dont like the single tip side exit and dont really want dual tips because I dont want it too loud.
Hey Michael, you sure can, we have a system that is BashGuardā„¢ only with no tips.

However, the sound will be similar regardless of which exit you choose since all of the rear configurations are positioned after the resonator, the only difference is which direction the sound is positioned.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know what drone is and my AWG exhaust certainly has it.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ran the AWE system for a while and loved it. Definitely one of my favorite setups for the Bronco and highly recommend it. I ran all 3 setups. All of them sounded great and had no drone. Dual exit, single exit and the bash-guard setup.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ronco-accessories/exhaust/catback-systems/awe
I love the AWE sound, does it seem like it sounds too loud while driving or not too bad?

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the AWG 0FG with bash guard installed. It's too loud for me. I'm planning to swap it back to OEM this weekend. I'm of the mindset that there really isn't a way to make this V6 sound good.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... For those that have experienced true drone frequencies they are very harsh, I would even venture to say painful to the ears....

It's critical to allow a proper break in (~1K miles) to allow the resonator packing to fluff up (our recipe doesn't break down over time, rather the opposite).
I had a 3" Heartthrob exhaust with 4 bullets on a 2011 Mustang 5.0 that was very painful on the inner ear, throbbing even. After 1k burn-in miles it became my favorite exhaust ever.

I will be installing the AWE bash in the future.
Sponsored