First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did anyone find a definitive answer to this issue? My new 2023 Wildtrak is doing the same thing. When going over whoops offroad, seemingly when the front end unloads/rear end loads and starts coming down there is a heavy thud, not metallic, more like maybe a suspension bushing. You can hear it and feel it in the floor/steering wheel. You have to drive just fast enough (maybe 4-5mph) to just get the front end unloaded/rear end loaded. It also seemed to be somewhat related to throttle as if you didn't hold steady throttle and got off it a bit, it seemed to do it less, but not positive.

I also noticed if I traversed the whoops at an angle so the wheels unloaded at different times it was gone or less. Also got all four evenly unloaded and unlike with the whoops, no noise on loading back up. Not sure it's worth having the dealer look at it without knowing exactly what's going on when there will be no easy way for them to reproduce it.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Bronco15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L sas 2drs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone find a definitive answer to this issue? My new 2023 Wildtrak is doing the same thing. When going over whoops offroad, seemingly when the front end unloads/rear end loads and starts coming down there is a heavy thud, not metallic, more like maybe a suspension bushing. You can hear it and feel it in the floor/steering wheel. You have to drive just fast enough (maybe 4-5mph) to just get the front end unloaded/rear end loaded. It also seemed to be somewhat related to throttle as if you didn't hold steady throttle and got off it a bit, it seemed to do it less, but not positive.

I also noticed if I traversed the whoops at an angle so the wheels unloaded at different times it was gone or less. Also got all four evenly unloaded and unlike with the whoops, no noise on loading back up. Not sure it's worth having the dealer look at it without knowing exactly what's going on when there will be no easy way for them to reproduce it.
I am experiencing exactly the same issue as described, my Bronco has less than 1k miles on it, its 2drs wildtrack with sasquatch 3.0 Hoss, I belive the clunck noise is coming from the driver front side during the same condition and its really annoying, of course my dealer said its normal
Have you found out the reason for your issue?

velocityblue

Wildtrak
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't ben able to get to the bottom of this and the Ford bot did nothing more than say take it to the dealer which as you have found out is useless. Since it's specific conditions that cause it it's going to be difficult to isolate. Hopefully someone with this issue will be able to locate the problem and post back here.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not handy in that regard but I'm taking all these notes to ask the garage when I take it in next week.
Maybe unrelated but I turned down the setting on the pedal commander from Sport2 to City3 and it hasn't made the thud sound again in several trips into town.
Remember in the old days when cars would make a sound whenever you put it into gear, like, ok I'm in ready now let's go, it almost felt like that. Just odd that it didnt start til 2k miles (including 1.5k miles post-lift w no sound).
I really appreciate everybody's input! I like to have some info or some direction I can give the guys when I take it to the garage.
That’s my clunk! Any progress? I’m confident it’s related to sway bar and end links.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My clunk was related to my factory swaybar end links. Doesn’t matter if you have factory disconnect or not. The end links are similar. The joint in mine was shot and clunking. You can’t tell looking at it because it was fine externally.

We had to have two guys shaking the Bronco hard while I was underneath holding the driver side end link to feel it “popping”. We un-bolted the link and no more noise. I’ve kept my swaybar disconnected for several months now lol. Eventually I’ll fix it.
Was sitting here looking for someone to mention sway bars as a source. My 2010 Chevy has had a clunk under the driver footwell for years, and a mechanic told me this was the cause; I needed them replaced, the joint was rolling because it had deteriorated or something. Funny thing was, I didn't even ask him to look at it, he just told me, and when I got underneath, was like, oh yeah! For me I hear it turning at low speed (like out of my alley).

I have the same issue and I have replaced everything related to suspension and the geometry of the vehicle. No change. Mine is a thump from front driver side.

21 Badlands with 3” Icon Stage 6, 37” tires and HOSS 3.0 steering rack. Only my lower control arms are stock at this point.. all bushings are good/like new. New delta joints in billet UCA etc.

Im running crash bar delete kit from JKS and have trimmed everything that goes anywhere near the tires.

I’ve just always had a clunk.
I think you have qualified for Clunker status. Congrats! lol

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my clunk! Any progress? I’m confident it’s related to sway bar and end links.
I still haven't narrowed down my clunk yet but I was just thinking, if it's the swaybar shouldn't it be less pronounced with the swaybar disconnect enabled?

AlliB123

Badlands
First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Previously: 2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turns out I had a bolt loose on one of my UCAs. That solved my clunk! Good luck with yours!

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven't narrowed down my clunk yet but I was just thinking, if it's the swaybar shouldn't it be less pronounced with the swaybar disconnect enabled?
I disco’d mine and drove around and it was worse. I think.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer had mine for 3 days and “can’t reproduce it”. I going to pick it up tomorrow and see if the service writer will ride with me in the field across the street.

Ph4nt0m

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Out of curiosity for those still searching, have you checked the spring seats/perch on your suspension setup?

Especially those that only notice it when the front is off or under load.

Sponsored

velocityblue

Wildtrak
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Out of curiosity for those still searching, have you checked the spring seats/perch on your suspension setup?

Especially those that only notice it when the front is off or under load.
I did check my front perches and they were tight to spec.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still looking for mine. I bought a Go Pro to mount on the shock tower to try and get a recording of it....it also seems worse when wet. So far fasteners are all tight,....frustrating.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just joined the clunking M210 differential club! My passenger CV axles makes bangs, clunks and other nice metal on metal slapping noises. 100% positive it's the CV being loose in the housing. Ford needs to tighten there tolerances.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just joined the clunking M210 differential club! My passenger CV axles makes bangs, clunks and other nice metal on metal slapping noises. 100% positive it's the CV being loose in the housing. Ford needs to tighten there tolerances.
Is yours constant, only in 4x4, only over bumps.....any more detail to share?