First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I need some help diagnosing this noise. I’m STILL waiting to hear from dealership service to have them check it out again.

The noise only happens from 1 -> 2 -> 3 gear.

In first, increase speed, (honestly you don’t have to go into a gear now that I think about it…just press clutch once at speed you would shift aka 3k rpm), and when you press clutchI get this rattle like sound. Here are some videos I took…it’s just really hard to hear the noise with the road noise etc, but one video I’m in parking lot and that’s when I realized you just gotta press clutch at speed and you get the sound. Hopefully you can hear it. When idling, no noise. 3rd -> 4th etc no noise. Likewise I don’t think I hear it downshifting. Try to listen before I start to shift so not confused with the sound of shifter. Hopefully nothing, I don’t need an issue 🥺

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I need some help diagnosing this noise. I’m STILL waiting to hear from dealership service to have them check it out again.

The noise only happens from 1 -> 2 -> 3 gear.

In first, increase speed, (honestly you don’t have to go into a gear now that I think about it…just press clutch once at speed you would shift aka 3k rpm), and when you press clutchI get this rattle like sound. Here are some videos I took…it’s just really hard to hear the noise with the road noise etc, but one video I’m in parking lot and that’s when I realized you just gotta press clutch at speed and you get the sound. Hopefully you can hear it. When idling, no noise. 3rd -> 4th etc no noise. Likewise I don’t think I hear it downshifting. Try to listen before I start to shift so not confused with the sound of shifter. Hopefully nothing, I don’t need an issue 🥺

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks to @Ford Motor Company , I had an appt for my bronco yesterday. I know I made a list of current issues Im having with my bronco on a thread but can’t remember which one.

For a quick update:

They are currently waiting on Ford to call them back about an APIM issue on the sync system (it’s incredibly laggy after resets etc, not giving codes). Master transmission tech did listen and is completely stumped on transmission issue, so they are putting me in a rental for yesterday and today. Supposed to call hotline today. The cable is still back ordered for my top, but hopefully if there’s a top available maybe they can just warranty out top part cause it’s just ridiculous driving it like this. Oh also tech said my clutch also doesn't feel right. He hasn’t driven enough MT broncos to know what’s normal, but driving the other MTs in the ranger/mustangs it doesn’t feel right, and the 1st to 2nd is extremely clunky.

He says he’s extremely interested in seeing what’s wrong but if it’s internal there’s no way he’s gonna know cause they do not allow them to open transmissions under 36k miles they just replace. Which is good and totally understand that Ford wants to know if there’s an issue with the transmissions they don’t want them tampered with. Hopefully I’ll know more today.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got update:

Dealership says noises are most likely normal, and FoMoCo said to compare to vehicle in kind…but there is none….so they’re waiting for further direction.

APIM has to be changed, but part number from FoMoCo is wrong and they are waiting for right one.

And of course part for top is back ordered.

Basically it was “you have 60k miles 5 years for an issue if there is a problem”; really sucks this is how it is. I’ll update if anyone is curious when I know more.
Sponsored