Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"never ending list of repairs"

well not really.....but if you are unhappy then I would for sure sell it.

True it might not seem long, but something new has popped up every few months and these problems have encompassed the body, drivetrain, and now engine. Not a great sense of reliability.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Paleos

Paleos

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anecdotal experience and all... but only time I've ever had a major issue with a new vehicle was with a Ford (2014 Focus ST). It went into limp mode and all lights came on. Got it to the dealership. They had it for two weeks and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. In my state (NC), lemon law is 20 days out of service within first year. Ford didn't even bother to try to fix it - they just told me it was "Lemoned" and bought it back. Shrug.

This is what I'm worried about with the current issue. They originally wanted me to just pick it back up since they couldn't replicate the warning lights (which come on after driving for a bit). Now they say they see a code for oil pump.

OP
OP
Paleos

Paleos

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am skeptical when someone reports their differential or transfer case has ground up. I have seen too many people abuse the crap out of vehicles. I have witnessed people literally redlining and doing a transmission dump to new vehicles, crazy! I'm not saying you did that, just skeptical this happened with normal use. That said, I've owned my Bronco for 6 months and it has not had a single issue. It is a 2.3L soft stop. I wanted a hard to but went with soft for the obvious reason, but I am happy with the factory hard top. The fabric and mechanism works well, I don't see how it could just rip off the bars unless you had a seriously defective one. That said, if you don't like the Bronco why not just sell? The Market is still very strong.
I understand completely. This is why I got an automatic because I didn't trust myself to learn offroad technique and have to deal with a manual transmission. It was in gear, got into a steep decline we didn't like so tried to gradually throttle up to get out of it. Lots of angry noises. No external damage to the differential so not clear what went wrong really. A winch for the rear tow hitch is a future investment for sure.

OP
OP
Paleos

Paleos

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. I had thought I had avoided the dirt/ice mountain group but my engine is right in the middle of the 2.7L valve investigation everyone is posting about here. So far no issues there, but I'm just hoping it doesn't become repair #4...

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had a 4 door Bronco Outerbanks 2.7L for just over a year now, though it has been plagued by never-ending list of warranty repairs.

Earlier this year it was in the shop for a few weeks waiting for the entire top panel of the soft top to be replaced because the fabric tore right off the overhead bars above the driver's seat.
Later in June I went to take it on some trails and something in the front differential ground up, causing me to limp back to a dealer out of state stuck in 4L. They confirmed THAT was a warranty issue, and it took over a month just waiting for parts before it was repaired.
Now my local dealer is telling me it needs to wait over two months for either parts or staff availability to repair a faulty oil pump or something that's causing my oil pressure sensor and check engine light to go off. They first wanted to just send me home when they couldn't replicate the warning, and then tried replacing a solenoid which didn't solve anything.

All of this leading to a cross country trip in a few weeks I had been planning to take my vehicle on for almost a year! I don't know what solution I'm going to be able to find with Ford Corporate or my dealerhsip, but at this point I'm thinking of looking at Lemon laws and another Make of ORV.
I've got a very reliable 2009 Jeep JK stock Sahara, 124K miles, new front bump stops installed today. It's yours for $32K...into days world that's a bargain. It has a rear window decal that says" MY PRETEND BRONCO", so it's kinda like driving a Bronco. From what you posted above it's a lot better than the one you are driving.

• Haha
Reactions: jon

Sponsored

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Texas Lemon laws indicate if they haven't resolved the issue and it's been in the shop more than 30 days in the first 2 years of ownership it can qualify.
There are exceptions in many states that also give forgiveness when parts are not available. Look up videos on YouTube from Steve Lehto, he is a lemon law attorney in Michigan with many videos on the subject.

Rossel

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, C8 Corvette, Road King
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my Bronco Base in April and headed out for a 3000 mile trip. Moab for the Off Roadeo was the last stop before home. I never made it Madras, OR before a got a Power Malfunction light. The Turbo on the 2.3L went out. Had to go back home to Washington get my Edge. When I got I took the Bronco in to the dealer and waited 6 weeks for the new turbo to repair the Bronco. I even got Ford Customer Service involved and they were no help getting the Turbo sooner. The Bronco now is in the body shop to correct, on Fords dime, front fender alignment with door. They are also are going to do the Windshield recall. I have owned it for 4 months and driven 2 months. But hey, I love it and I'm thinking about ordering another.

Mojave Lux

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
. . . They are also are going to do the Windshield recall. I have owned it for 4 months and driven 2 months. But hey, I love it and I'm thinking about ordering another.
Ordering another is an idea. In a few years the reliability of new Broncos could improve

For the windshield, why not just wait till it cracks
Sponsored