Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a FYI, Core 4x4 is having a 20% off sale this weekend. I am not affiliated with them. Just wanted to share, in case somebody’s looking to get a deal on control arms. I’m running their adjustable track bar, was planning on getting their rear upper and lower control arms. Seen the sale, and ordered them.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got all links installed. Going to see how she flexes tomorrow. Not a bad job, had to drop the gas tank.
Ford Bronco Core 4x4 sale IMG_3413
Ford Bronco Core 4x4 sale IMG_3413
Grease em, grease em, then grease em some more! After some trail time definitely retighten all jam nuts. My L lower loosened up and the sleeve spun enough to throw my steering wheel off by nearly 1/4 turn when we were at Moab. @Yamapro had the same problem w/his rockjocks. When I finally got home I rechecked all and they were all loose. You can reset centering on an alignment machine if you know what to look for:
Here's my trailside adjustment...not too bad for eyeballing it (bottom most number is what we are looking at)
Ford Bronco Core 4x4 sale 20230511_155602

And here's "dead nuts"
Ford Bronco Core 4x4 sale 20230511_163145

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got all links installed. Going to see how she flexes tomorrow. Not a bad job, had to drop the gas tank.
Wow, even color coordinated :p
nice job 🤠

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Grease em, grease em, then grease em some more! After some trail time definitely retighten all jam nuts. My L lower loosened up and the sleeve spun enough to throw my steering wheel off by nearly 1/4 turn when we were at Moab. @Yamapro had the same problem w/his rockjocks. When I finally got home I rechecked all and they were all loose. You can reset centering on an alignment machine if you know what to look for:
Here's my trailside adjustment...not too bad for eyeballing it (bottom most number is what we are looking at)

And here's "dead nuts"
Good info! I had a 100 mile drive to get to where I was wheeling today. About 80 miles Into the drive, I noticed my steering wheel wasn’t centered anymore lol. Didn’t have a wrench big enough with me to tighten the jam nuts. Pulled into a Napa, and picked up a big crescent wrench, did a little roadside adjustment.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Core4x4 makes great stuff. I've been running their products on multiple vehicles for over 3 years now, never had any trouble with anything coming loose. The torque requirements on the jam nuts is serious. Also use a paint pen to mark the jam nut so you can do a quick visual on them.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good info! I had a 100 mile drive to get to where I was wheeling today. About 80 miles Into the drive, I noticed my steering wheel wasn’t centered anymore lol. Didn’t have a wrench big enough with me to tighten the jam nuts. Pulled into a Napa, and picked up a big crescent wrench, did a little roadside adjustment.
Now, if the jam nut way up by the gas tank is loose, I use a long air chisel bit to tap it tight...no wrench is ever gonna fit!

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my case cause I'm in the rust belt, I anti seized the bajesus out of mine...kinda expected them to loosen up at least once! @Bentpushrod lives in rust country too.
Conceptually, I can see why. But control arms aren't something you typically adjust. You build, set your geometry and lock them in.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would loctite help?
Fwiw I locktighted mine and they haven't come loose, rust belt here too but I don't plan on having to adjust them

My trackbar was off 7/8" or so to the passenger side and when the driver rear would droop I'd rub the driveshaft on the gas tank skid. Once I measured it out and recentered it clears fine. I was suprsied it was off that much because I had set the length with the stock trackbar, oops.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Conceptually, I can see why. But control arms aren't something you typically adjust. You build, set your geometry and lock them in.
Not typically, but I'm not typical. I will probably want to adjust them at some point either for different lift or rear end mounts etc. I love adjustability, and hate seized threads!
Sponsored