First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reality is, there is a lot of information not being divulged, that someone in charge of even closing the country down in the first place, absolutely should have known.
I'm a numbers guy. The sad reality is a paucity of statistically significant data. Forget what's reported by other countries; that shit is pure gibberish. Even in the US early test kits were unreliable - the current candidate criteria for testing doesn't produce usable data - and there's no uniform methodology for mortality reporting.

I know Fauci/Blix are working 24/7 to save lives - but the more I listen to them the more they remind me of climatologists.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me too. Asthma since birth.
I'm complying with what is going on and taking extra
precautions due to above.

And this is a general question, not just aimed at you.
What is the long term plan? This is not going away.
Could never be a vaccine. Could test the entire population
one day, but mis-test a couple thousand (false negatives),
so the next day it starts all over again.

I'd also like to know if it's this bad, why are the liquor stores
still open? Not one person (well, maybe there is some weird
disease were someone HAS to drink a 6 of bud every night,
who knows) on this planet that HAS to have alcohol.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the long term plan?
Time is on our side. As important as a vaccine (which won't have 100% efficacy anyway) we need targeted therapeutics which have a much shorter development cycle. That's what will likely keep folks out of the hospital if/when they catch the bug.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Time is on our side. As important as a vaccine (which won't have 100% efficacy anyway) we need targeted therapeutics which have a much shorter development cycle. That's what will likely keep folks out of the hospital if/when they catch the bug.
So we are keeping every shut down until then?

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I care about the strong possibility my business won't bounce back. What it means for my wife, 4 kids, employees and their families. I care about losing my home. All of this is a strong possibility for me, the stress will kill me before any virus. Tens of thousands are in my shoes.
But no, I personally don't know anyone who caught it. And yeah, I still believe the way we are fighting it will be worse than the actual effects of the virus long term. Death is tragic, but we are destroying everything to protect a small percentage of the population. There are better ways to go about this
Me too. Asthma since birth.
I'm complying with what is going on and taking extra
precautions due to above.

And this is a general question, not just aimed at you.
What is the long term plan? This is not going away.
Could never be a vaccine. Could test the entire population
one day, but mis-test a couple thousand (false negatives),
so the next day it starts all over again.

I'd also like to know if it's this bad, why are the liquor stores
still open? Not one person (well, maybe there is some weird
disease were someone HAS to drink a 6 of bud every night,
who knows) on this planet HAS to have alcohol.
To be fair, severe alcoholics can literally die from the withdrawal. I do completely agree, we can't do this forever. Nobody seems to be looking forward and for some strange reason it almost seems taboo to ask what you are asking. When the shutdown first started it was all about "flatten the curve, don't overwhelm the hospitals". Seems to me we have achieved that and now have a lot of the supplies we were short. How about those with conditions and over a certain age stay home and the rest of keep this country going? Maybe areas that are lower population and more spread out open first. Something needs to start happening, even small steps. But even talking about it makes most people start screeching "Reeeee!"

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with virtually Everyone. Things need to shift from government mandate to individual common sense. Pretty quick.

I'm 70+ and have been in public space maybe 30 minutes in the past month - and then in mask/gloves. I'll be hunkered down at least a month or more - and then pretty picky about where I show my masked face. Pretty soon, the biggest health 'risk factor' is likely to be stupidity.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then post up what is wrong and the un-disputable facts of why.
The reality is, there is a lot of information not being divulged, that someone
in charge of even closing the country down in the first place, absolutely should
have known. And if they didn't have it up front and were just being cautious,
they better tell me what they didn't know, how they are working to get it, and how
long we will be all closed up due to "just being cautious".

There are 1000's of real consequences that are happening right now that need to
be weighed against real data.
Instead of me wasting my time to convince you, how about you spend your time reviewing all the papers, models, and predictions used to inform our decision makers, throughout which there is near unanimous consent regarding the severity of the disease making such measures necessary, and tell us why they're wrong.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I agree with virtually Everyone. Things need to shift from government mandate to individual common sense. Pretty quick.

I'm 70+ and have been in public space maybe 30 minutes in the past month - and then in mask/gloves. I'll be hunkered down at least a month or more - and then pretty picky about where I show my masked face. Pretty soon, the biggest health 'risk factor' is likely to be stupidity.
The problem is that common sense isn't common.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a numbers guy. The sad reality is a paucity of statistically significant data.
That's no longer accurate. There is an enormous amount of high quality data underpinning multitudes of statistically significant findings - almost certainly more than any other novel infectious disease relative to onset. We're still working to obtain conclusive, peer reviewed evidence in clinical trials of an effective treatment, and no amount of data in the world can guarantee the real-time accuracy of predictive viral transmission models.

@Jook13 @OX1 - there is no debate that, left unchecked, this virus would have infected a significant portion of our population and killed hundreds of thousands to millions. Numbers are being revised downwards because what we're doing is working. Widespread testing and continued adherence to preventative hygiene/distancing measures at work and in public spaces will drive the return to normalcy. Hopefully we're able to start safely unwinding economic shutdown in the next few weeks.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Instead of me wasting my time to convince you, how about you spend your time reviewing all the papers, models, and predictions used to inform our decision makers, throughout which there is near unanimous consent regarding the severity of the disease making such measures necessary, and tell us why they're wrong.
If you are too lazy to bring even one specific thing to the table, besides "you are totally wrong", then
you really aren't worth the time to discuss it with.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To be fair, severe alcoholics can literally die from the withdrawal.
Not trying to beat up on you specifically, but

Then declare it and a newly formed gov't program will deliver your alcohol, IF you agree to get to
rehab when it is feasible once again (otherwise, no booze). Remember it is STAY HOME!!!!!!! It is SUPER
critical you stay home, right??? (unless you need some booze, then go out pretty much any time you want)....

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is an enormous amount of high quality data
Data, yes. Actionable, maybe not. For example - in NC 62,139 screenings have been completed, with ~7% positive. But it does not represent a randomly selected sample...ergo no good for extrapolation.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not trying to beat up on you specifically, but

Then declare it and a newly formed gov't program will deliver your alcohol, IF you agree to get to
rehab when it is feasible once again (otherwise, no booze). Remember it is STAY HOME!!!!!!! It is SUPER
critical you stay home, right??? (unless you need some booze, then go out pretty much any time you want)....
Naw man, I agree. The cases I'm talking about are really rare. It is strange what they consider "essential business". In my town we have a huge Ruger plant and they are humming away still producing guns, along with all the gun stores. I'm certainly not arguing that liquor stores should be an exception.... I was just spitting out a pointless fact.
I'm not going to argue anymore, I'm just venting a bit on this thread. I had everything lined up for success. I owe 140k on my home I built a few years ago and it's worth around 500k. I listed it for sale mid Feb (great timing eh?). I have 10 acres to build my next home but need my current one to sell. The plan was to sell my home and build my next with no debt (and a new bronco...). I'm a contractor and have 4 permits for new homes to build sitting and my investors are telling me not to start on any of them (understandably I admit). I've recently bought some equipment for the upcoming work that was supposed to happen. Shit is very real for me right now and I can only hold on so long ...
Sponsored