Not open for further replies.

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“Danger Dan” ???? LOL Really??? How about “Danger Karen”? No wait, “Safety Karen”! That’s it!
Funny, I expected some variant of the word "pussified." Don't post stupid bullshit and you won't get Danger Karen'd. You don't have to blatantly lie and misrepresent statistics, you can just tell everyone that you don't think safety is a big deal and let that truth be your guide. Cut out those metal bars on your own truck with your sawzall, and let the rest of us have features that save lives and limbs, no one needs to lie about it.

Best

Ever
Thanks fam, I appreciate you. I have no patience for those who resort to lying and misrepresenting to make their point, so I will always call that stuff out until the second a mod blocks me. Motorcycle forums are the worst for it, but I figured I'd see it here eventually.
Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People are worked up about

M E T A L B A R S

:LOL:

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TL;DR = Missing crash bar resulted in my 2019 Ranger being unnecessarily totaled. If you need to make room for tires, I HIGHLY recommend replacing them with offset crash bars.

FabTech Offset Intrusion Beams

Explanation: Had one of mine out, while I did some fitment of the FabTech offset crash bars on my 2019 Ranger. Just happened to get into a forward front corner collision on that side. The impact wasn’t super significant- didn’t even wake the baby sleeping in the back seat- but with the crash bar out, it was enough to push the wheel/hub/steering knuckle inward. That inward force on the upper control arm caused it to irreparably tweak the strut tower. Would have required frame replacement, so my truck was totaled by insurance.

With the crash bar in, it would have been a bit of minor body work and paint.

Just a cautionary tale, provided at my own great expense.
Thanks for your post. This is the most relevant message on this thread and it goes straight to the heart of the matter. My question is would you recommend the aftermarket replacements? Thanks,
Edit: Just saw that you Highly recommend them. Thanks,

Last edited:

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Funny, I expected some variant of the word "pussified." Don't post stupid bullshit and you won't get Danger Karen'd. You don't have to blatantly lie and misrepresent statistics, you can just tell everyone that you don't think safety is a big deal and let that truth be your guide. Cut out those metal bars on your own truck with your sawzall, and let the rest of us h

Thanks fam, I appreciate you. I have no patience for those who resort to lying and misrepresenting to make their point, so I will always call that stuff out until the second a mod blocks me. Motorcycle forums are the worst for it, but I figured I'd see it here eventually.
Funny, I expected some variant of the word "pussified." Don't post stupid bullshit and you won't get Danger Karen'd. You don't have to blatantly lie and misrepresent statistics, you can just tell everyone that you don't think safety is a big deal and let that truth be your guide. Cut out those metal bars on your own truck with your sawzall, and let the rest of us have features that save lives and limbs, no one needs to lie about it.

Do people get mad that abs is on their motorcycle? I mean I know next to nothing about motorcyclesI, except that I want a Honda monkey, but I would take all the safety I could get when your body is the roll cage.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jesus what a stupid, shitty take. You can't just equate highly uneven odds on things. Your odds of dying in a car crash of a 1990s Toyota are astronomically higher than dying the same crash in a 2021 Ford. The odds of you dying in a car crash are WAY fucking higher than of you dying because a tree fell on your home, and the odds are worse if your car is shitty in crashes. Covid19 has already killed WAY more people than the flu's annual standard. To date, that's 265,000. The flu is estimated on the absolute highest end to kill 61,000 Americans per year. That 265K is likely a lowball anyhow, given that (as of October), the USA had seen over 300K excess deaths from previous yearly totals. No, cars with a steel cage are not safer in crashes, crumple zones are a thing for a reason (you really are showing how completely ignorant you are on a multitude of topics).Not a single point of logic you posted holds a single ounce of water; nothing you said is remotely close to a cogent argument or compelling point.

Basically dude, stop acting like a petulent child, spouting dumb bullshit and mis-representing information. Just tell the damn truth about yourself that everyone else can already see: you don't care about safety regulations because you'd rather look cool and manly, safety and livelihood of yourself and others be damned. It's not hard to admit.

If I get banned for this post, it's worth it. Your comment was just that stupid.
Wandered into this thread out of boredom. Wow the thread starter is being quite 'typical' and you did a great job of putting him in his place. Thank you!

Sponsored

Danger Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do people get mad that abs is on their motorcycle? I mean I know next to nothing about motorcyclesI, except that I want a Honda monkey, but I would take all the safety I could get when your body is the roll cage.

For every new feature, there is always a crusty old grandpa ready to rant about it, and ABS is no exception. There will always be that dude who swears up and down that even on the wettest of pavement he can out-brake ABS. I'm sure in the early days of ABS, that was reasonably common, but I'm almost positive it's somewhere between "exceedingly rare" and "nonexistent" now. But yeah, there are always some folks who are up in arms about it.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brilliant, thank you!
As long as there's a draw in power it will disable the auto start stop. This is the easiest and cheapest way and once you turn off your vehicle it will shut off after 20 minutes. Been using it on my Ranger for over a year now.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amen, brother!! Government needs to stay out of everything IMHO. ??
Like roads and public off-roading lands? Cool cool.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.