First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ML350, 2019 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that the Bronco is officially scheduled for production, I’m wondering when companies like Crutchfield will get a production-level Bronco to spec out and see what fits.

It’s laughable to think that in this day in age Ford couldn’t simply send a cut-sheet to Crutchfield with speaker sizes and locations. So that we the first wave of Bronco riders can plan for our rigs. It’s not the 80’s and 90’s anymore where u just pop out the factory deck and upgrade with your Kenwood, Alpine or Sony deck from your trade-in. This vehicle is a sizable investment for many of us...am I the only one worried about having a new Bronco with the doors and roof off, awesome big 12-inch screen on display with lack-luster sound?

There are literally no events in upstate NY, so the first Bronco I see in person will likely be my own. Can anybody get these details?
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they likely have to wait and see what functions are tied into the factory system and that requires a final production unit.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that the Bronco is officially scheduled for production, I’m wondering when companies like Crutchfield will get a production-level Bronco to spec out and see what fits.

It’s laughable to think that in this day in age Ford couldn’t simply send a cut-sheet to Crutchfield with speaker sizes and locations. So that we the first wave of Bronco riders can plan for our rigs. It’s not the 80’s and 90’s anymore where u just pop out the factory deck and upgrade with your Kenwood, Alpine or Sony deck from your trade-in. This vehicle is a sizable investment for many of us...am I the only one worried about having a new Bronco with the doors and roof off, awesome big 12-inch screen on display with lack-luster sound?

There are literally no events in upstate NY, so the first Bronco I see in person will likely be my own. Can anybody get these details?
Patience grasshopper.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am figuring speakers, add a sub, and an amp.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's only a small group initially that are trusted 3rd party providers that had CAD or mannequins. With production going now, more will have CAD diagrams. Even at that though, 4WP has made a comment I several times that was strange. They said "after the first 100 come of the line, we can start production". Not sure the significance of the first 100 off the assembly line.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's only a small group initially that are trusted 3rd party providers that had CAD or mannequins. With production going now, more will have CAD diagrams. Even at that though, 4WP has made a comment I several times that was strange. They said "after the first 100 come of the line, we can start production". Not sure the significance of the first 100 off the assembly line.
probably so they can do a study of the 100 and get a range for whatever parts they are going to make for it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is Malloy Ford, which is about 1,500 feet diagonal across RT. 29 from Crutchfield's home base in Charlottesville, VA. I'd bet once Malloy gets its mannequin, It will find it's way over to Critchfield's labs... After hours of course.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base radio in the wrangler is THE reason I’m buying a Bronco.

the fact they made it so small and cheap looking, AND made it so narrow it killed the aftermarket.... just does not make sense to me.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

probably so they can do a study of the 100 and get a range for whatever parts they are going to make for it.
4WP has already had 2. The black one and the red one.
Sponsored