Drew Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that Crutchfield now has options availble for speaker upgrade? Has anyone done this yet? I have a 2 Outerbanks with B & O sound system
Sponsored

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A few people have posted about the Crutchfield options (available now). If you upgrade the B&O system and posted a project review, that would be a big thread on the forum. Most posts have been to the base stereo or have been pretty preliminary B&O speaker swaps.

OP
OP
Chefdrew

Chefdrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few people have posted about the Crutchfield options (available now). If you upgrade the B&O system and posted a project review, that would be a big thread on the forum. Most posts have been to the base stereo or have been pretty preliminary B&O speaker swaps.
Thinking about it. Right now just 3 speakers available.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed that last night. I've been in contact with a couple Crutchfield people. I sent some measurements of the rear pods so they can adjust what will fit. The guy recommended Morel Maximo Coax 4 considering I wanted something different than kickers (imo they suck) and they "fit" it's pretty right but they work. Since I did the back I did the same in the front..... 🤦🏻‍♂️ now I gotta do the kick panels, you can tell the difference in bass response.. It's crazy. And the size of stock to aftermarket.
Ford Bronco Crutchfield speaker upgrades anyone? 0C615897-36B9-4D08-A6EC-D5C99F93E48B

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I noticed that last night. I've been in contact with a couple Crutchfield people. I sent some measurements of the rear pods so they can adjust what will fit. The guy recommended Morel Maximo Coax 4 considering I wanted something different than kickers (imo they suck) and they "fit" it's pretty right but they work. Since I did the back I did the same in the front..... 🤦🏻‍♂️ now I gotta do the kick panels, you can tell the difference in bass response.. It's crazy. And the size of stock to aftermarket.
Ford Bronco Crutchfield speaker upgrades anyone? 0C615897-36B9-4D08-A6EC-D5C99F93E48B
Were you able to find adapters so you can use the stock harness plug?

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Were you able to find adapters so you can use the stock harness plug?
No, these came with spade connectors. Just cut the plug off and match up +/- accordingly. I pulled the speaker pods off, dynamatted and poly filled. Real easy.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed 4, 4 inch, Kickers. Will do the kick panels this spring. Huge upgrade versus stock. Easy install too. However, for the rear two speakers, two of four mounting points will need to be clipped off in order for them to fit/install properly. See @Ig_bronco pic

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed 4, 4 inch, Kickers. Will do the kick panels this spring. Huge upgrade versus stock. Easy install too. However, for the rear two speakers, two of four mounting points will need to be clipped off in order for them to fit/install properly. See @Ig_bronco pic
Yeah, same as the front. Best part about this is I was able to test fit the front with the ones in the back. The kick panels are next for me but I wanna wait for more of a selection.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crutchfield is an option, but not the cheapest. I put in four 4" Infinity Reference 4032cfx for $117, with no crossovers used front or back, so after an A/B test, it sounded better without them, so I took them back out and run them full range. First pic Ford paper speakers. Last one is definitive polarity. You can figure out the rest.

IMG_9368.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9382.jpg

IMG_9404.jpg

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No complaints!

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Crutchfield speaker upgrades anyone? IMG_9404
How do you like the Morel’s? I’m looking at these now. Wanting something that can get loud, clear, and warm.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you like the Morel’s? I’m looking at these now. Wanting something that can get loud, clear, and warm.
I like them, I had a bad batch and both speakers were blown. I reached out to Crutchfield and they sent out a replacement quick.
I have them in the front and back, and currently looking at them for the kick panels. I just don't want kicker anymore.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Polk DB 402s front and rear and some Rockford Fosgate R165-S component speakers for the kick panels. I didn't plan on using the tweeters included with the RF components but wired them up to compare side-by-side and actually liked them better. I didn't wire the Polks up front with bass blockers so that may have played into it but I ended up returning the second set of 402's and used the RF tweeters in the dash.
Sponsored