stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A good sound system is important in a convertible type vehicle. I'm ready to upgrade the OEM set-up in my Badlands. I don't need to be blowing ear drums, but when I want to crank some volume, I want clean sound.

There are (2) 4" tweeters, (2) 6 1/2" kick panel speakers, and (2) rear area 4" speakers.

My game plan is to use the OEM head unit, replace all the speakers with Hertz units, add a sub woofer (Don't really want to but to get a more full range of sound I need to).

I'm also adding 2 small mini amps to drive the woofer, and the 6 original location speakers. They'll go inside the rear side panels (same location as the B&O amp).

Sub woofer either mounts on the tailgate door or mounts on the floor. It's about 10" deep and 24" x 16" or so. I lean to putting it on the floor, to one side, just behind one of the seats ??? Thoughts, suggestions ??

I've been playing with the idea of a raised storage floor anyway. I can flush out the top of the woofer box with the cavity maybe (gotta make sure I don't muffle the sound).

I'm looking at about $2,400 all in, turnkey. More than I thought. The next step down for speakers will only save me a couple hundred dollars, and they're just not quite as nice a speaker (Alpine as the Hertz).

Anyone think that's too much ? Have suggestions for a different set up that might save dollars ? Each set of (2) speakers is about $200.
Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A good sound system is important in a convertible type vehicle. I'm ready to upgrade the OEM set-up in my Badlands. I don't need to be blowing ear drums, but when I want to crank some volume, I want clean sound.

There are (2) 4" tweeters, (2) 6 1/2" kick panel speakers, and (2) rear area 4" speakers.

My game plan is to use the OEM head unit, replace all the speakers with Hertz units, add a sub woofer (Don't really want to but to get a more full range of sound I need to).

I'm also adding 2 small mini amps to drive the woofer, and the 6 original location speakers. They'll go inside the rear side panels (same location as the B&O amp).

Sub woofer either mounts on the tailgate door or mounts on the floor. It's about 10" deep and 24" x 16" or so. I lean to putting it on the floor, to one side, just behind one of the seats ??? Thoughts, suggestions ??

I've been playing with the idea of a raised storage floor anyway. I can flush out the top of the woofer box with the cavity maybe (gotta make sure I don't muffle the sound).

I'm looking at about $2,400 all in, turnkey. More than I thought. The next step down for speakers will only save me a couple hundred dollars, and they're just not quite as nice a speaker (Alpine as the Hertz).

Anyone think that's too much ? Have suggestions for a different set up that might save dollars ? Each set of (2) speakers is about $200.
All sounds good except sub setup. Why do you need a 10" deep mount? do you have the box and sub already? Plenty of tailgate mounted options that can be used and even custom boxes that will reduce width dramatically. Also have the option of the BO location with SRQ or JL shortly forthcoming.

OP
OP
stickshifthappy

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All sounds good except sub setup. Why do you need a 10" deep mount? do you have the box and sub already? Plenty of tailgate mounted options that can be used and even custom boxes that will reduce width dramatically. Also have the option of the BO location with SRQ or JL shortly forthcoming.

The tailgate location was my first suggestion, but I'd rather keep the door clear for other items , like the fold down tray maybe ?

The sub woofer option ws what he suggested, and it's the thinnest they carry. I'll look at some of the other options for boxes, and see what's out there.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tailgate location was my first suggestion, but I'd rather keep the door clear for other items , like the fold down tray maybe ?

The sub woofer option ws what he suggested, and it's the thinnest they carry. I'll look at some of the other options for boxes, and see what's out there.
If you want a fold table, completely understand. I would suggest a kicker hideaway perhaps if space is a concern, and if not, awaiting the stealthbox or similar. I have two mini amps mounted above the glove box so there's room elsewhere.
Sponsored