First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, sounds like they are just interested in keeping thing equal to other local dealers, not pulling in other sales.
:rolleyes:
Yeah that's what I got thinking... they are content and focused on current lot.
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke to the sales manager at Bob Johnson Ford (formerly FX Caprera). It was a pleasant conversation and he said he would speak to his GM as to whether they wanted to make an offer to forum members. Stay tuned.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh hey, didn't notice this thread before. Cuse guy here!

I don't have a reservation and I've never owned a Ford so I have zero experience with any of the local dealers.

Subscribing to this thread!

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

salespeople
Yeah... was aware... all downstate mostly. NY dmv is crazy with how you register now... trying to buy within NY too.
I still can't get a clear answer on what sales tax is on new vehicles in WNY. I've seen 4% and 8% referenced. Since it's lovely NY, I'm going to assume the full 8%. Which really sucks tbh. And there isn't really any way around it.

Anyone else in the thread, any updates on your reservations, etc? I think I'm going to just wait it out as long as possible and skip the reservations, etc. I'd be into 2022 at this point anyways.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KozMQZ

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can't get a clear answer on what sales tax is on new vehicles in WNY. I've seen 4% and 8% referenced. Since it's lovely NY, I'm going to assume the full 8%. Which really sucks tbh. And there isn't really any way around it.

Anyone else in the thread, any updates on your reservations, etc? I think I'm going to just wait it out as long as possible and skip the reservations, etc. I'd be into 2022 at this point anyways.
Tax rate is based on county.

As far as my reservation, etc. I built my vehicle, for my wife, came out to 51k. Her job is her vehicle... so creature comforts are a big deal... especially for 51k. But she wants power seats and a white top... all other options cost 9k. I mean $2,200 option for heated seats is crazy... but she needs them. Can't get power seats with model/2dr she wants and white tops are said to be a model 2022 option. So I canceled one reservation and have a 7/14 reservation I need to either push out late or cancel an reserve a true 2022 allocation if even possible.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tax rate is based on county.

As far as my reservation, etc. I built my vehicle, for my wife, came out to 51k. Her job is her vehicle... so creature comforts are a big deal... especially for 51k. But she wants power seats and a white top... all other options cost 9k. I mean $2,200 option for heated seats is crazy... but she needs them. Can't get power seats with model/2dr she wants and white tops are said to be a model 2022 option. So I canceled one reservation and have a 7/14 reservation I need to either push out late or cancel an reserve a true 2022 allocation if even possible.
It's not too late to make a Granger October reservation. I'm considering driving out to trade in my Tundra. If I have a bunch of equity in my trade, I don't have to pay tax on that.
Ex. - At 8% tax, I save $800 in taxes for every $10,000 in trade in value. And since Tundras hold their value, I'm definitely keeping that option open.

My point of all that was, if I'm driving, and somebody wants to carpool out to Iowa, I've got the room.

My reservation was made 10/1. So anyone with an October reservation is welcome to ride out with me. This offer is extended to anyone west of Syr who could meet me at a Thruway exit.

Last edited:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke to the sales manager at Bob Johnson Ford (formerly FX Caprera). It was a pleasant conversation and he said he would speak to his GM as to whether they wanted to make an offer to forum members. Stay tuned.
Ive got a reservation at Bob Johnson in Pulaski too...I’ll call and see what I find out. I know Caprara brothers taking over Ford dealership in Ogdensburg, I’ll reach out and see what theyll do..

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive got a reservation at Bob Johnson in Pulaski too...I’ll call and see what I find out. I know Caprara brothers taking over Ford dealership in Ogdensburg, I’ll reach out and see what theyll do..
He never got back to me. That’s ok, a trip home from out of state is going to be fun!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that in the “converted to orders” list there are three of us in the SYR area with Cactus Gray orders.
:cool:

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status Check. Anybody in CNY on this forum get their Bronco yet?

Tallday

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello from Madison county. Came up from dirty jersey during the mostly peaceful protests in the city a few summers ago. Finally used my reservation to order a 2 door base with SAS in shadow black. From friendly ford of Hamilton. They claim no markup only charge MSRP taxes and fees. Will see what the honor in 2050 when my horse gets in.
Sponsored