Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a OBX non SAS 2024 back in September. My car was wrecked on December 15. I called the dealer January 2 to check on the status of my new build and they said it was 2-3 months out. I called Ford and they said it had a build date of Jan 11. Unfortunately, I didn't have faith in it, so I bought a vehicle off the lot on January 5. I told the dealer to cancel my order. Now they have called to say my new build is ready to pick up. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I'm not sure why.
Have any of you traded in your Bronco a month after buying it? Any chance the dealer may pay me to let them sell the car to someone else? Should I just give one to my daughter(j/k)
Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dealer isn’t going to pay you. They can just sell your order if you don’t buy it.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like mentioned above - the dealer isn’t going to pay you.. that’s not how dealer orders work. Until you actually show up to buy it after it shows up at the dealer it’s their order, not yours. They’ll just sell it to somebody else like they do any other vehicle.

What was ”custom” about it? Or do you just mean available options you chose

OP
OP
BigBetty

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually read an article in which dealers were offering money to pre orders for them to decline acceptance so that the dealer could add the market adjustment and make more money. People have even posted about it here.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually read an article in which dealers were offering money to pre orders for them to decline acceptance so that the dealer could add the market adjustment and make more money. People have even posted about it here.
Yes. Byt that stopped happening in mid 2023. Days are longggggg gone. Walk or buy. Those are the options. Unless you can walk away free from the one you have, your going to loose money on the delivery.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a OBX non SAS 2024 back in September. My car was wrecked on December 15. I called the dealer January 2 to check on the status of my new build and they said it was 2-3 months out. I called Ford and they said it had a build date of Jan 11. Unfortunately, I didn't have faith in it, so I bought a vehicle off the lot on January 5. I told the dealer to cancel my order. Now they have called to say my new build is ready to pick up. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. I'm not sure why.
Have any of you traded in your Bronco a month after buying it? Any chance the dealer may pay me to let them sell the car to someone else? Should I just give one to my daughter(j/k)
Trading in a month old Bronco isn't going to make financial sense. If you bought a lower model than what your insurance paid out for the wrecked one, then you may have some wiggle room. Dealer isn't going to pay you to sell to someone else. Those days are long gone.

Did you option HIGH/LUX on the OBX? If so, can you take some photos of your '24 OBX's interior?

OP
OP
BigBetty

BigBetty

Outer Banks
First Name
Fai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trading in a month old Bronco isn't going to make financial sense. If you bought a lower model than what your insurance paid out for the wrecked one, then you may have some wiggle room. Dealer isn't going to pay you to sell to someone else. Those days are long gone.

Did you option HIGH/LUX on the OBX? If so, can you take some photos of your '24 OBX's interior?
I think I am going to just let it go, sight unseen, but if I actually go look at it tomorrow, I will take interior pictures because yes, it has the high/lux on the OBX. Dealer said that the customers are circling.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I am going to just let it go, sight unseen, but if I actually go look at it tomorrow, I will take interior pictures because yes, it has the high/lux on the OBX. Dealer said that the customers are circling.
I appreciate it if you can. I'm trying to compile as many examples of the dashboard of different trims with the HIGH/LUX.
Sponsored