peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I asked a local south jersey shop to quote me a range for adding just a simple black vinyl stripe to my future Ford Bronco. Idk why, but I was expecting in the 400 dollar range.

Boy was I wrong. He asked for a mockup. I provided my crude mockup and below is his response.

20201208_054532 (1)2.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-110341_Outlook.jpg

For those familiar with getting this work done, are these prices normal?! Should I shop around or is this within typical range?
That dude is out of his mind. I got the graphics done on my jeep shown in my avatar for 220 and the guy went back and forth with me multiple times on colors, whether to blend them etc... message me if you want his website.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked a local south jersey shop to quote me a range for adding just a simple black vinyl stripe to my future Ford Bronco. Idk why, but I was expecting in the 400 dollar range.

Boy was I wrong. He asked for a mockup. I provided my crude mockup and below is his response.

20201208_054532 (1)2.jpg

Screenshot_20210129-110341_Outlook.jpg

For those familiar with getting this work done, are these prices normal?! Should I shop around or is this within typical range?
That is not normal but it may depend on where you live too. I have had numerous vinyl work done for show cars and our business vehicles. A rocker panel stripe with maybe "Bronco" in it....100-150.00 for a set. I would shop around. Any vinyl sign making shop can do it. Install is not the difficult. I do dry install not using water.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude. Same.

I'm cheap though. I put a stripe like this on my truck. Used a laser level... Went to it. I have no patience for stuff like this either but it was pretty simple.

Regardless... That quote is crazy. You should be able to find a shop to do it for $200 I would think. Depends on your area though. The material is pennies and the labour would be charged for one hour.
I worry about myself at times. I own a laser level for construction projects. I am sitting here wondering if I ever would have thought to use it for striping the Bronco. Here I was thinking about stretching and pulling tape to get a clean line. I can see myself trying to tape it off while the laser sits on the shelf glaring at me. So obvious. Thank you. You may have saved me some time in the future.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that's nuts.
His price means "I don't wanna fool with you or your stripes".
Like others have said, its a simple straight line, one-color vinyl stripe.
If it is more than $200-250, you're getting hosed.
As simple as that is, you could find some online (or Amazon even).
Even if it is some generic "racing stripe kit", it would work. Just have to carefully trim the length you wanted at the ends and jambs.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I worry about myself at times. I own a laser level for construction projects. I am sitting here wondering if I ever would have thought to use it for striping the Bronco. Here I was thinking about stretching and pulling tape to get a clean line. I can see myself trying to tape it off while the laser sits on the shelf glaring at me. So obvious. Thank you. You may have saved me some time in the future.
I found it to be the easiest way. The only issue is that my truck (and most vehicles) aren't level. Or totally flat.

You can either lock the level in relation to the vehicle, or, level the vehicle with a jack. Maybe there are better ways but it's the easiest way I thought of at the time.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He gave you a pie in the sky quote because that’s not a job he really wants to do. I know most of the wrap shops in south Jersey and depending on which one you called, that job just might not be in their niche, or he’s not interested in continuing the conversation on a job that won’t put dollars in his pocket for probably a year.

Not saying it’s the right thing to do, but whenever a shop like that says “without seeing the vehicle or getting my hands on one, it’s probably gonna cost you X”, that means he’s significantly padding the price to either give himself some room or avoid the job altogether.

OP— reach out to a tint shop. Most tint shops (or a detailer) will have this capability and you’ll find them much cheaper because it’s more in their wheelhouse. Surprisingly, these types of shops are gonna be more reasonable than say a shop that primarily does full wraps.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A couple of shops around me said the industry average is about $6 a sq ft. Those stripes won't cost very much.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He gave you a pie in the sky quote because that’s not a job he really wants to do. I know most of the wrap shops in south Jersey and depending on which one you called, that job just might not be in their niche, or he’s not interested in continuing the conversation on a job that won’t put dollars in his pocket for probably a year.

Not saying it’s the right thing to do, but whenever a shop like that says “without seeing the vehicle or getting my hands on one, it’s probably gonna cost you X”, that means he’s significantly padding the price to either give himself some room or avoid the job altogether.

OP— reach out to a tint shop. Most tint shops (or a detailer) will have this capability and you’ll find them much cheaper because it’s more in their wheelhouse. Surprisingly, these types of shops are gonna be more reasonable than say a shop that primarily does full wraps.
Right on. Thanks so much. Gave me the Intel I needed. I won't stress it now. Just needed an honest range from the guy for research, but I guess it's not in his interest to do that.

I'll do a more thorough shop around closer to delivery time ?
Sponsored

Reactions: RG7