Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could have been worse for you.

You could have decided to go, "No Nut till Bronco" then you would have had Velocity Blue balls and a PO'd wife.

Keep the Beard. You've been master of your domain so far.
Wait, your wife wants to have sex with you?

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My last new car is the family minivan, a 2005 Toyota. Ever since, I have dreamed of getting a vehicle, just for me. As a teen I owned a 68 GMC stepside. I know the utility of owning a truck, and have rented a Ford F150 several times on fly-drive vacations, and I absolutely loved the F150. My dream however was to get a nice four wheel drive, in fact my heart was set on obtaining a Jeep. To impractical my wife said. So I waited. Then I caught wind of the the forthcoming Jeep pickup, the Gladiator, and I was excited to be able to get a good 4 wheel drive that also had a bed. It was several years before it actually arrived. When it did, I rented one while travelling to Texas. It didn't feel right to me, road handling was rough, and weird noises from the drive train left a bad taste in my mouth.

July 14, 2021 I received a crack on the head that sent me to the E.R. Masked up, bloody crown, I waited a long time in the E.R. exam room. Only thing to do was to surf the internet and read news feeds. The Bronco launch came to my attention. A couple of hours later I went home with fifteen staples in my head, and the certainty that I would get a Bronco!

The next morning I made my reservation, which I converted to an order on Jan 20, 2021. I'm grateful that my wife has come around to accept and support this decision, though it has been gradual. I think that the year of Covid, of "sheltering in place" has worn us down a bit. I'm blessed to be able to work remotely, however fifteen plus months of isolation takes its toll. It is the picture of my Wildtrack build on my home screen, and the anticipation of eventual delivery that has provided small moments of escape from the tedium and banality of isolation.

July 2020 I placed my reservation, and I also decided to stop shaving, and not to cut my hair while I waited for my Bronco. Didn't seem like much of a decision at the time, because I thought I might have my shiny new toy within a few months. Now, a year later, doubt creeps in. It doesn't feel like I will ever take delivery. For one thing, I would first have to hear from Ford that they actually planned to build it. Crickets...

So the only thing to do now, is to decide whether or not to shave or get a haircut.

Ford Bronco Daddy, are we there yet? 2A6AC740-E687-479A-8C25-BC6FB568297A
I took it to the wood also. I'm coming back Full Grizzly Adams.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Robert, if I had that much hair left on my head I'd let grow to my ankles. :) I'd trim up the bread (but not to much, you have that philosophical look going for ya), and keep that hair. If the wife ain't complaining, stick with the plan. (y)

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm blessed to be able to work remotely, however fifteen plus months of isolation takes its toll.
15 months in isolation for what? I’m in an essential industry and have been in the field working since 5/1/2020. I finally got my second shot 5/3/2021. Get a couple shots and go live life.

I thought about trying to grow out my hair and beard accordingly, but it was too hot when I was still living in AZ.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I say keep the beard until you get the bronco! Hopefully you don't look like Santa by Christmas!
Sponsored