Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was damaged in transit see below I had the dealer fix it plus I pushed for some type of compensation. Surprisingly my dealer stepped up & gave me 200,000 good will dealer points (Ford Pass points)for my time waiting and damaged done.
Ford Bronco Damaged In-transit B897C801-FB3B-42DB-B892-E2A0A788968D
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A month for parts???? If it was me, get fixed and take delivery.
exactly what Flip said! - what is the timeline for the alternative?
IT still sucks but just be sure to ask for new parts - not repaired / repainted such as fender and you are factory fresh

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure we have the grilles in stock so it has to be more of a scheduling issue than parts. I can order all of that stuff and have by early next week. That said, the grill will have to be painted and the fender color matched which isn't impossible but very important to get the right color mix to match the rest of the vehicle.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could definitely be wrong here, but would assume they couldn't sell it as new with anything other than OEM parts. But a valid concern that I didn't think about
It will be OEM, not like there are many aftermarket options that a dealer would take the time to track down. You will be fine, and since it's presale it's not recorded anywhere.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting point. Where do Ford and the dealer document the FOB point in the sale? I'd think it's FOB dealership, not MAP since Ford directly scheduels and arranges all shipping, not the individual delaership.

Ford Bronco Damaged In-transit B897C801-FB3B-42DB-B892-E2A0A788968D
That's a very generic diagram. For vehicles from what I understand the dealer doesn't take ownership until it arrives at the dealership. That being said the dealer gets invoiced about the time it ships from the factory. So during shipping Ford still owns it is my assumption.

But back to the question, a Wildtrack? Without a doubt have them fix it and throw in a bunch of points (ask nicely like... perhaps you can throw in some of those Ford points while I wait...).

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a very generic diagram. For vehicles from what I understand the dealer doesn't take ownership until it arrives at the dealership. That being said the dealer gets invoiced about the time it ships from the factory. So during shipping Ford still owns it is my assumption.

But back to the question, a Wildtrack? Without a doubt have them fix it and throw in a bunch of points (ask nicely like... perhaps you can throw in some of those Ford points while I wait...).
FOB is used in almost all (well written) procurement contracts to determine where ownership transfers. I’ve received many heavy loads FOB final pad. Not only is the seller responsible for shipping (and associated permitting) they are also responsible for offloading (crane in my case) when moving a $4M load with liquidated damages. FOB point is the most important part of contracts.

Generic, yes.

Legally binding, absolutely.

I’d buy the Wildtrack!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FOB is used in almost all (well written) procurement contracts to determine where ownership transfers. I’ve received many heavy loads FOB final pad. Not only is the seller responsible for shipping (and associated permitting) they are also responsible for offloading (crane in my case) when moving a $4M load with liquidated damages. FOB point is the most important part of contracts.

Generic, yes.

Legally binding, absolutely.

I’d buy the Wildtrack!
Except there are four definitions of FOB. So in that contract it will specify which of the four are in play.

How is “FOB” used in shipping documents?
The term “FOB” is used in four different ways when it comes to freight shipping. These include:

1. FOB [place of origin], Freight Collect
  2. FOB [place of origin], Freight Prepaid
  3. FOB [place of destination], Freight Collect
  4. FOB [place of destination], Freight Prepaid
https://www.freightquote.com/blog/what-does-fob-mean-in-freight-shipping/

My assumption, not knowing the specifics of the contract, is that Ford pays the shipping (train in most cases) so they will take the liability for damage in transit. Although they will get paid back by some form of insurance, likely from the train company.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtraks are rare builds these days. Definitely let them repair it and take delivery. A reorder could take years.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not major damage. I am super picky and I would have the dealer fix it. Inspect that they did a good job, go over the fender carefully. Then go ahead and buy it.
Sponsored