Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would like the dashboard top plug ins but not buying LUX to get it. I am wondering if you can DIY this with factory parts down the road. It will depend on how Ford builds the wire harnesses for these trucks. In a number of vehicles I have worked on it was possible to add in these types of options as the factory plug is available in the harness.
Screw that... Add-a-fuse, aftermarket power port. and a dedicated ground wire here I come.
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure it could easily be done with aftermarket garb. A waterproof USB port and wire it up. I was just thinking for clean seamless instal on a brand new vehicle it maye be a very simple plug and play with factory parts.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure it could easily be done with aftermarket garb. A waterproof USB port and wire it up. I was just thinking for clean seamless instal on a brand new vehicle it maye be a very simple plug and play with factory parts.
Yes?in fact went into the lab today and found a long piece i had from some project ,going to mount it on rollbar in jeep and play with it.

OP
OP
Norville

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question now becomes (?) if without the lux package, it still has factory mounting provisions for the rail on the other trims without the USB? I wonder if anyone has closeups of the dash for the more "basic" models / packages.
Sponsored