Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hello all,

Thought I'd share this. I was a Day 1 reservation holder for a First Edition. Was able to get my Bronco and I absolutely love it. But I was always wondering what happened to that $100 reservation fee that I paid. I basically ignored it thinking it was gone, or, was included in the payment for the truck, etc...

Today I was surprised to receive my Bronco Deposit Refund from Santa Margarita Ford for the full $100. My wife is already struggling to keep it as I turn around and likely invest it in more mods ;)

Good news for other folks if they have not received their refund yet... but man... it sure did take a while.

Cheers!
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I paid the $100 reservation fee, and then another $500 when I placed the order. I put 25k down in cash when I bought it. My dealer entered my down payment as $25,600.00. Your dealer probably just forgot to subtract it from the purchase price or add it to your down payment. My dealer did forget to subtract the price protection from my purchase price. They sent me a rebate after I reminded them.

I‘m sure that between reservation fees, order fees, and the price protection, there has probably been a ton of money left on the table that customers forgot about after their dealers “conveniently” forgot to credit them. Glad to hear your dealer didn’t just pocket the money.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good for them! Same with me, I completely forgot the $100 deposit when I finalized my paperwork. A week later my wife asks if I got the $100 credit or refunded and I realized no one ever mentioned anything about it. But I was happy I was not charged a mark up at all so I called the $100 a loss. I figured losing $100 is a lot better than being charged up to $30,000 like some of the mark ups I have seen on here.

About a month later I was pleasantly surprised by a $100 deposit into my account from my selling dealer. Used that money to purchase accessories from the dealer.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was a day 2 res. I decided to change dealers a couple of months in, and when I called Ford to make the change, they reset to my new dealer and sent my $100 back.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

When I switched dealers way back when you could I was refunded mine, new dealer never asked for one.

OP
OP
Cruachan

Cruachan

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good for them! Same with me, I completely forgot the $100 deposit when I finalized my paperwork. A week later my wife asks if I got the $100 credit or refunded and I realized no one ever mentioned anything about it. But I was happy I was not charged a mark up at all so I called the $100 a loss. I figured losing $100 is a lot better than being charged up to $30,000 like some of the mark ups I have seen on here.

About a month later I was pleasantly surprised by a $100 deposit into my account from my selling dealer. Used that money to purchase accessories from the dealer.
Literally my experience... I was so relieved about MSRP that I didn't even want to bring it up (y)
Sponsored