Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really do appreciate the gifts. The poster, the sticker, the nice note on expensive paper, and now the hammock. In all honesty I'll never use any of them (well maybe put the sticker on my laptop), yet I still really appreciate your efforts. We all know you aren't going to make everyone happy.

Instead of gifts, how about this idea?

Us poor slobs who now wait for MY2022 and beyond.....how about requiring all the dealers we are working with to offer, at time of delivery, the fair KBB value on our trade vehicle? As it stands now, my dealer has no reason or incentive to offer me anything for my current car, never mind a fair trade-in price. I am thinking I'll have to plan to sell it privately, which I am dreading. It would be so much easier and faster to be able to get a fait trade-in at the dealer where I ordered my Bronco. Imagine making a part of this whole process faster and easier for your patiently waiting Bronco customers? I'd bet our trade vehicles - coming from car enthusiasts who the majority of us are (who else would wait 1-2+ years for a vehicle?) - would be some well maintained vehicles.

Yeah I know I'm probably dreaming but it's worth a shot. I hear some of you Ford folks actually read posts in this forum sometimes.

At the very least, how about a cool keychain?

Sincerely,
July 2020 Order Holder
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really do appreciate the gifts. The poster, the sticker, the nice note on expensive paper, and now the hammock. In all honesty I'll never use any of them (well maybe put the sticker on my laptop), yet I still really appreciate your efforts. We all know you aren't going to make everyone happy.

Instead of gifts, how about this idea?

Us poor slobs who now wait for MY2022 and beyond.....how about requiring all the dealers we are working with to offer, at time of delivery, the fair KBB value on our trade vehicle? As it stands now, my dealer has no reason or incentive to offer me anything for my current car, never mind a fair trade-in price. I am thinking I'll have to plan to sell it privately, which I am dreading. It would be so much easier and faster to be able to get a fait trade-in at the dealer where I ordered my Bronco. Imagine making a part of this whole process faster and easier for your patiently waiting Bronco customers? I'd bet our trade vehicles - coming from car enthusiasts who the majority of us are (who else would wait 1-2+ years for a vehicle?) - would be some well maintained vehicles.

Yeah I know I'm probably dreaming but it's worth a shot. I hear some of you Ford folks actually read posts in this forum sometimes.

At the very least, how about a cool keychain?

Sincerely,
July 2020 Order Holder
-
I used Carvana-Simple, easy and quick.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deer Ford šŸ¤£
Ford Bronco Dear Ford, C9A1CA95-0799-45E7-A0BC-B73B7F81FD79

Seriously though. With what used cars are going for.... carmax, carvana, webuyanycar there are tons of places paying max dollar. I got offered 2k less than the new price of my 2018 F250 with 60k miles. Problem being I couldnā€™t find another one. Buy the Bronco. F*** the dealer!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are so many modalities today for disposing of a used vehicle at a premium to anything five years ago would be considered as a rational value that I must question the motives and laziness of anyone that trades a vehicle in at the purchasing dealership is gifting the value to that salesperson total profit. Amazeballs.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You realize the KBB value is really just a range estimate right? Nobody ever discloses the actual amount of damage which is why people get so mad when dealers actually tell them what itā€™s worth. Sure some dealers are going to screw people on trade but to expect dealers to give you the magical KBB number is just moronic.

edit: grammar

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd just private sell whatever you've got, the used car market is is absolute šŸ”„ right now. my 7yr old 335i with 70k on it sold for 10k over kbb, and 5k over what carvana even offered.

Best way that I can think of to stick it to dealers is to NOT let them get their hands on a used car, because they will happily drive that price up even farther.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are so many modalities today for disposing of a used vehicle at a premium to anything five years ago would be considered as a rational value that I must question the motives and laziness of anyone that trades a vehicle in at the purchasing dealership is gifting the value to that salesperson total profit. Amazeballs.
My son took his 2017 Focus ST with 45K miles to Carmax yesterday and they offered him almost a grand more than he paid for it brand new.

OP
OP

Judy

Base
First Name
Judy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You realize the KBB value is really just a range estimate right? Nobody ever discloses the actual amount of damage which is why people get so mad when dealers actually tell them what itā€™s worth. Sure some dealers are going to screw people on trade but to expect dealers to give you the magical KBB number is just moronic.

edit: grammar
Wow pretty rude.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if the vehicle is not in fair condition?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Carvana. Picked idea up from this forum.

Was just offered $2k over high end trade in value. No dealer bs and no private sale lowballs and financing issues.

Sponsored

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last month we traded in my wife's 18 Camaro on a new Camry, they gave us $1,000 more for the camaro than we paid for it in 18. Granted we paid MSRP for the Camry. This is the first time I've ever came out great on a trade in. I'm just hoping my BL is built before the car market reverses its trend.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sincerely,
July 2020 Order Holder
Then there's the folks who have paid in full for a vehicle, and dont get jack shĀ”t but a $55k dent in our bank accout, and a shrug from Ford because the Military Auto Sales people keep their clients in the dark. No letters, art, stickers, shirts, hats, yeti cups, coffee mugs, hammocks, or even a key chain. We get a VIN, and a promise.
When we contact Ford, they treat us like we stole someones information. I wouldnt be as mad, but seeing everyones $100 deposit earn them all this attention, while I we dropped six months earnings on a shrug and a "We'll let you know, but thanks for your service to our country."
Sponsored