Jenelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape and 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My husband and I are stuck in a debate.

Outerbanks vs Wildtrak built exactly the same. They have some differences that you can't add or change such as; hood decal, 7 goat modes and black sas wheel ring for Wildtrak. Outbanks has body colored door handles and mirrors. If we build these 2 vehicles with same engine & options. Would the Wildtrak have a better resale value at the end of day because of name or no? Just thinking down the road should we ever want to trade it in?
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unlikely. But there are some here that despise the WT interior so maybe that’s a factor. I think the leather is fine on WT. We have self squatched OBX with black/roast leather and very happy with trim overall.

OP
OP

Jschuman

Wildtrak
First Name
Jenelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unlikely. But there are some here that despise the WT interior so maybe that’s a factor. I think the leather is fine on WT. We have self squatched OBX with black/roast leather and very happy with trim overall.
Thanks! We really like the OBX as well!

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a sas, 2.7, MIC, OBX in iconic silver. Basically a wildtrak and almost the exact same price. The only reason I went this route is the navy pier leather is much more attractive than the sandstone leather. Would gloss black mirror covers look better than body color on my iconic silver? Probably. But what’s easier to change, mirror caps or leather seats?

OP
OP

Jschuman

Wildtrak
First Name
Jenelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a sas, 2.7, MIC, OBX in iconic silver. Basically a wildtrak and almost the exact same price. The only reason I went this route is the navy pier leather is much more attractive than the sandstone leather. Would gloss black mirror covers look better than body color on my iconic silver? Probably. But what’s easier to change, mirror caps or leather seats?
Thanks! I think we will stay with the OBX. Just didn't want to pay exact same price as Wildtrak and have a better trade in value in the long run.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Resale? Wildtrak will have more exposure and thus opportunity for more potential buyers and likely higher resell than an equivalently equipped OBX.

e.g. I can outfit a Jeep Sport to the same specs as a Rubicon with factory options, (at least I could when I purchased mine) but guess which one gets the highest resell attention... The Rubicon...

OP
OP

Jschuman

Wildtrak
First Name
Jenelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Resale? Wildtrak will have more exposure and thus opportunity for more potential buyers and likely higher resell than an equivalently equipped OBX.

e.g. I can outfit a Jeep Sport to the same specs as a Rubicon with factory options, (at least I could when I purchased mine) but guess which one gets the highest resell attention... The Rubicon...
Thank you! This was what we we're debating on. Not that I plan on ever getting rid of it. 😉
Sponsored