First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Porsche 914, 2021 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have been out of town and today FordPass sent me a message that my Bronco is in deep sleep mode to preserve the battery. Is this based on a time interval or related to battery charge? If it’s the latter I plan to use a trickle charger before my next extended absence.
Ford Bronco Deep sleep mode IMG_0718
Ford Bronco Deep sleep mode IMG_0719
Ford Bronco Deep sleep mode IMG_0718
Sponsored

Desert6

Black Diamond
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Power Wagon, '20 Armada, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the same message on Ford Pass as well, I parked the Bronco in the garage for the winter and went to Arizona for a few months. I put it on a trickle charger before I left but got the same message. It started right up when I got back home. I'm guessing the trigger for it to go into that mode is long periods of inactivity rather than battery state.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a butt load of modules in vehicles now a days and the draw on the battery it pretty crazy. So the ECM is programmed to start shutting things down to preserve battery and if not started long enough it goes into deep sleep so it will start when you finally show up with the key. Ever "listen" to your Bronc after you shut it off??? It is almost like A.I. talking to itself.🤪

One thing I will say if you do NOT have your Bronc on a tender then when you do drive it, after setting, I suggest starting letting it run for 20 mins with nothing on and it will put a charge back into the battery from setting. I see this quite often in todays world because people only drive a couple of miles and then shut the car off and don't drive it again for a week. Next thing you know they think they need a battery because the car won't start. Problem is the car "locks" you out because your battery is getting low on charge and not being recharged. Keep the battery charged and no issues. "Driving to church on Sunday" and letting it set all week will shut these new cars down after a while. Not enough charge going back into the battery.

The other thing I see more now is people setting in their cars with the cell phone plugged in and the radio playing and the car not running. BIG no-no. "Well I only did it during my 1/2 hour lunch break". "I understand, but you also do not put enough charge back in it from starting it up this morning, only driving a mile or two and shutting it off".

Just letting ya'all in on what I see on a daily basis.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a butt load of modules in vehicles now a days and the draw on the battery it pretty crazy. So the ECM is programmed to start shutting things down to preserve battery and if not started long enough it goes into deep sleep so it will start when you finally show up with the key. Ever "listen" to your Bronc after you shut it off??? It is almost like A.I. talking to itself.🤪

One thing I will say if you do NOT have your Bronc on a tender then when you do drive it, after setting, I suggest starting letting it run for 20 mins with nothing on and it will put a charge back into the battery from setting. I see this quite often in todays world because people only drive a couple of miles and then shut the car off and don't drive it again for a week. Next thing you know they think they need a battery because the car won't start. Problem is the car "locks" you out because your battery is getting low on charge and not being recharged. Keep the battery charged and no issues. "Driving to church on Sunday" and letting it set all week will shut these new cars down after a while. Not enough charge going back into the battery.

The other thing I see more now is people setting in their cars with the cell phone plugged in and the radio playing and the car not running. BIG no-no. "Well I only did it during my 1/2 hour lunch break". "I understand, but you also do not put enough charge back in it from starting it up this morning, only driving a mile or two and shutting it off".

You’re entitled to your opinion but IMO there’s no excuse Ford. Mine goes into sleep about 7 days without driving. Woefully underpowered charging system is my guess. An average vehicle owner should have no business dealing with a trickle charger. If I wanted to plug something in l would have bought an EV.

OP- this is normal for a bronco but not anything else you’d own 😂

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Have to agree. I see this often, car is started then driven 2 miles to take kids to school, shut off in front of school (it’s a no-idle zone), started up to drive back home. Started to go pick kids up from school, shut off waiting for them to come out, started again and driven back home. The next day, same thing. After a couple of weeks of this in the dead of winter, car won’t start, or at least level of charge is low enough it goes into deep sleep. I don’t think anything on the road will do that without the battery giving up.

Sponsored

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
The message appears on your Ford Pass around two weeks of inactivity. As explained earlier, your vehicle modules will draw a small amount voltage. Plus your vehicle and remotes are always sending signals back and forth to each other.

Flippedr6

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a lot less than two weeks, I park mine for six days at a time when I go to work. Every time around day 4-5 it goes into deep sleep. Living in the NE it sucks coming home from a trip and not being able to remote start it on the bus from the airport.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s a lot less than two weeks, I park mine for six days at a time when I go to work. Every time around day 4-5 it goes into deep sleep. Living in the NE it sucks coming home from a trip and not being able to remote start it on the bus from the airport.
I’ve been seeing 5-7 days as well. I’m sure my short trip driving patterns are not helping the situation, but my wife’s Tiguan handles it no problem. There’s no way an average buyer should need a trickle charger.

Sometimes I feel like we give Ford a pass because the Bronco is some type of special vehicle. These things are basically Rangers and there’s no excuse for not having full confidence it’s going to start!

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Help! Bronco won't even start manually after going into deep sleep. I drive it almost every day, last time, 2 days ago, including freeway--all told about 40 mins. Yesterday we it was hotter than usual, but only 90.

Today it won't even start manually. Should I a) get it jumped by AAA and drive it? b) take it into shop (no chance of that 4th of July weekend)and get new battery; c) [your suggestion here]. 2022 Base auto 2.3 w/ no bells, whistles, extra lights. Thx
Sponsored