First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disabled the double honk and added sport mode with forscan. It was fine for a few days then today in the morning I get a msg from Ford pass app that remote features disabled bc of low battery. I go to start car and it won't let me. I get park brake fault and service advance trac warnings and the engine won't turn. I used a jump starter and it was just fine. Voltage read 12.9. it's been running fine except now the windows won't roll down as you close or open door on driver side only. No warnings. I figured it was forscan and I loaded defaults but it gave "number of blocks in file doesn't match. Do you want to continue?"
I pressed continue and reset everything but I'm still getting issue with door window not rolling down.

Was it forscan? Or electrical issues? Gonna go to dealer tmrw, hopefully I didn't fuck up the cars computer with forscan.

PXL_20220809_024432141.jpg
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think when battery dies, you have to recalibrate the windows.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quick. Sounds like the battery. Check your connections, give it a good charge, reset your windows. I believe you roll them up and down 3 or 5 times. Or hold the button in up/down position. I disconnected my battery a couple times and some windows rolled halfway down on their own after you rolled them up. Just needed recalibration.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disabled the double honk and added sport mode with forscan. It was fine for a few days then today in the morning I get a msg from Ford pass app that remote features disabled bc of low battery. I go to start car and it won't let me. I get park brake fault and service advance trac warnings and the engine won't turn. I used a jump starter and it was just fine. Voltage read 12.9. it's been running fine except now the windows won't roll down as you close or open door on driver side only. No warnings. I figured it was forscan and I loaded defaults but it gave "number of blocks in file doesn't match. Do you want to continue?"
I pressed continue and reset everything but I'm still getting issue with door window not rolling down.

Was it forscan? Or electrical issues? Gonna go to dealer tmrw, hopefully I didn't fuck up the cars computer with forscan.

Ford Bronco Did I mess up? PXL_20220809_024432141
Ford Bronco auto windows not working, how to reset (wheelsjoint.com)

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you

I think I should still go to dealer to have it inspected. It's weird that the battery should die after only 800 miles.
I got a random "Charge system fault" message, but I had truck on and not running.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can't remember and i'm about to sleep so not going to search through all the threads... but check if people had warranty issues due to using forscan. depending on your dealership i'd imagine they may or may not charge you for this fix.

OP
OP

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quick. Sounds like the battery. Check your connections, give it a good charge, reset your windows. I believe you roll them up and down 3 or 5 times. Or hold the button in up/down position. I disconnected my battery a couple times and some windows rolled halfway down on their own after you rolled them up. Just needed recalibration.
You were right. The battery failed the load test. Guess it was sitting too long waiting for mic top.
Got a new battery from dealer and they reset my windows.
Sponsored