Sponsored

Disable Parking Sensors (Bull Bar Installed)

greatwhitebronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed bull bar on the front of my '21 Bronco Outerbanks, read before installation that disabling the parking sensors through the owners manual would be easy enough...Well what they don't tell you is that even though they are disabled they still register parking sensor blocked/chime at every start up which I think is ridiculous. They are disabled both front and rear and yet still chime? Has anyone else ran into this? I do not want to remove the bull bar but I can't stand the chime/indicator issue at every start up. Could Forscan permantly disable? Any help would be greatly appreciated from this community!!
Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue. Select "Not Active" on the front and rear parking sensor and they continue to function, even though I never turned the vehicle off. šŸ¤” I was wondering if maybe using the auto stop/start eliminator adapter on the parking sensor button would work the same as it does for auto stop. Keeping the button in the off position even after a restart.

OP
OP
greatwhitebronco

greatwhitebronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am having the same issue. Select "Not Active" on the front and rear parking sensor and they continue to function, even though I never turned the vehicle off. šŸ¤” I was wondering if maybe using the auto stop/start eliminator adapter on the parking sensor button would work the same as it does for auto stop. Keeping the button in the off position even after a restart.
Since I have made this post I have become aware of a fix for this issue. Its actually software related. There is actually a current technical service bulletin out for this SSM 50169 or TSB 22-2038 requires the dealer to reflash the system and may take a few hours but should be covered under warranty! I have not scheduled to have this done yet but it should solve our problems!

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I have made this post I have become aware of a fix for this issue. Its actually software related. There is actually a current technical service bulletin out for this SSM 50169 or TSB 22-2038 requires the dealer to reflash the system and may take a few hours but should be covered under warranty! I have not scheduled to have this done yet but it should solve our problems!
Well, that is interesting. Thanks for passing that along, curious if it will erase my forscan changes, but I guess I can always reprogram.

OP
OP
greatwhitebronco

greatwhitebronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, that is interesting. Thanks for passing that along, curious if it will erase my forscan changes, but I guess I can always reprogram.
I was told it is a communication issue from the gauge cluster to the 4Sync. Disable through 4Sync but not being registered through the gauge cluster.

f18f_guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to bring this thread back from the dead, but just wanted to say the info in this thread solved the problem I encountered with the RC nudge bar. I printed out the TSB 22-2094 and took it with me to the dealership. They did the reprogram. Now when I turn off the front parking sensors, they stay off ā€” havenā€™t had another alert since. Only issue I encountered was the collision alert goes off more than it used to, in what Iā€™d consider inappropriate situations. Although thatā€™s unrelated to the parking sensors and the nudge bar IMO. All covered under warranty (I had 35,889 when I took it in šŸ˜€).

Interestingly, when I picked it up, the tech highlighted a note stating the front sensor is still going off. Well, itā€™s fixed as far as I can tell.
Sponsored