Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t seem to turn off my stupid parking sensors. Or perhaps I’m the stupid owner who can’t figure it out.

I have a 22 Badlands with the High package. Off roading this weekend I was besieged with parking sensor alerts. I turned off everything I could find in Vehicle Features - front parking aids, rear parking aids, cross traffic sensors, pre-collision, blind spot. Nevertheless the Bronco beeped at every blade of grass and golf-ball sized rock for hours. I even got out and cleaned each bumper sensor to no avail. BTW, this is a new issue, it has not happened previously off road. Prior to this weekend I would only get occasional alerts when nosing down into holes, etc.

Anyone else have this issue, or am I, like the package I chose, High? If I can’t turn these off, perhaps I can use Forscan to disable at least the front bumper sensors permanently?
Sponsored

Great White North

Outer Banks
First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge SEL, 1975 F-150 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Button to the side of your auto star/stop button in the middle of your centre console.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is it all of them or one? I had to replace one that kept alerting… I had relocated it and I knew they wouldn’t warranty it. It was only $40isjh

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it all of them or one? I had to replace one that kept alerting… I had relocated it and I knew they wouldn’t warranty it. It was only $40isjh
It seems like several. But I should look more closely I guess. I have a new number so the ones in front may have been damaged in the install. Thanks for the reply.
I suspect though that a defective sensor would not fire if the parking alerts are set to “off”

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What bumper did you replace the OE with? Changes in angles that the sensors mount in can cause this.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On our '22 BL (mid-pkg) you turn off the rear sensors when in reverse, there is an icon on the screen.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It seems like several. But I should look more closely I guess. I have a new number so the ones in front may have been damaged in the install. Thanks for the reply.
I suspect though that a defective sensor would not fire if the parking alerts are set to “off”
Mine did..
Sponsored

Reactions: gwp