Sponsored

[DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required.

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the great Idea!!!!!😀
Went to Lowes and got a 3/4" x 2'x4' birch, wife gave me some heavy felt, used her electric craft stapler and it's done!
This will be VERY helpful.
Plan on following other suggestions and add 4 d-rings, metal strip for helping with any bowing and preventing items from sliding. And wife says she will make a fabric type Bronco logo/saying of some type to attach to top or edge.
neigh
Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. IMG_1733
Sponsored

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Went to Lowes and got a 3/4" x 2'x4' birch, wife gave me some heavy felt, used her electric craft stapler and it's done!
Plan on following other suggestions and add 4 d-rings, metal strip for helping with any bowing and preventing items from sliding. And wife says she will make a fabric type Bronco logo/saying of some type to attach to top or edge.
neigh
Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. Screenshot_20211223-163921
Nice!

That looks clean and very simple. Love it.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know might be really close. The board is 5/8 of an inch thick. Here again is a picture of the space between the board and the hardtop prep kit.

The table looks like it's over an inch and a half according to this screen grab.

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. Screenshot_20211223-163921

I didn't catch that the table was 1 3/4 thick. That will definatly be to thick. Great ideat on the shelf!

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
how about a middle post that would thread into bottom when you removed the piece to use as camping table. If it had a bottom that was a spike to push into ground/sand. Innovators?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the ability to eventually get this shelf to have a dual purpose as a camping table is a really good direction to go in to.

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I recently built a sleeping deck in my four door and covered the plywood with marine grade carpet from Amazon (link below). I used 3M spray adhesive (similar to contact cement) from Lowes and used staples on the underside of the plywood to hold in place securely. I’m very happy with how it turned out and have been told by several people it looks like it came from the factory with the deck. The carpet is a perfect match for the factory black carpet, both in color and texture. Two rolls of the 72 x 36 carpet is adequate for the job, and one can of the spray adhesive is plenty.

I really like the shelf idea you’ve come up with and may integrate it into my setup. Thanks for posting.

CPR Marine Upholstery Durable Un-Backed Automotive Trim Carpet 72" x 36" Mini Roll (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SG24K...abc_MHK973CQXYSCWJRYTCCJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-Super-77-Multipurpose-Spray-Adhesive/3033222

B382E280-6FE5-43E1-B626-D0AEBDF88A2F.jpeg

B68D63BE-FE0C-4119-BCE0-8393713CDEED.jpeg

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I recently built a sleeping deck in my four door and covered the plywood with marine grade carpet from Amazon (link below). I used 3M spray adhesive (similar to contact cement) from Lowes and used staples on the underside of the plywood to hold in place securely. I’m very happy with how it turned out and have been told by several people it looks like it came from the factory with the deck. The carpet is a perfect match for the factory black carpet, both in color and texture. Two rolls of the 72 x 36 carpet is adequate for the job, and one can of the spray adhesive is plenty.

I really like the shelf idea you’ve come up with and may integrate it into my setup. Thanks for posting.

CPR Marine Upholstery Durable Un-Backed Automotive Trim Carpet 72" x 36" Mini Roll (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SG24K...abc_MHK973CQXYSCWJRYTCCJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. B68D63BE-FE0C-4119-BCE0-8393713CDEED

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. B68D63BE-FE0C-4119-BCE0-8393713CDEED
That's looks amazing!

Do you have the measurements and/or a walkthrough thread of this platform? Is the platform something you can take in and out?

I am very interested in camping, it's the reason I also installed a tailgate table.

This is the next natural step.

Forrest69

Base
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

neigh
Is your hardtop plug/defroster still able to plug back in with the 3/4” board?

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I never even need to remove it to get the board in if I put the seats back. it slides in and then I return the seats to normal position.

Edit, oh wait, maybe you meant for the table?
Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. IMG_20211221_164921

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. IMG_20211221_164923

Last edited:

Sponsored

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Haven't tested yet but figure I'll have to cut a notch in the plywood if needed.

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This might be an option as it is both hinged and telescopic.

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. Screenshot_20211225-082845

I do like that portable table system you just posted @gmac

OP
OP
JJ Bronco

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco [DIY] $28 trunk storage shelf for 4 door Broncos. No cutting required. Screenshot_20211225-082845

This is exactly what I want to do! Could you post some details on the build and some other photos? How much vertical room is there to store stuff under it? Thank you for posting that as I'm sure lots of people are planning to do the exact same thing.

Merry Christmas!
Sponsored