Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man... What the hell is with the price of these aftermarket bumpers? I intentionally ordered my basesquatch with a plastic bumper figuring that a good aftermarket one would cost similar to what is available for a Jeep. That certainly doesn't seem to be the state of the market at this point.

My needs are simple. I have the RC hidden winch mount and really just want a basic metal tube for a "bumper" above that. Has anyone made their own? Seriously, one bent round or rectangular tube and some mounting plates at the end of the frame rails. Why do all of these bumpers need to be a work of art instead of a basic piece of protection?
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You forgot to scream "...and get off my lawn!!"
;) I feel your pain.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think everyone is trying to recoup r&d costs and itā€™s a popular new vehicle right now. Iā€™m hoping in a few years the prices will settle down.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so i struggle with the sewrch function on this site and never seem to be able to get good results, but after i post a thread ā€œrelated threadsā€ are listed at the bottom - in you case there is a thread where a guy dis just what you are asking about and posted pictures - check it out i think it is called. ā€œDIY winch bumperā€

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so i struggle with the sewrch function on this site and never seem to be able to get good results, but after i post a thread ā€œrelated threadsā€ are listed at the bottom - in you case there is a thread where a guy dis just what you are asking about and posted pictures - check it out i think it is called. ā€œDIY winch bumperā€
Yup, that didn't show up in my search but it did on the bottom of this thread. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't have the skills to do that, at least not out of metal and wood isn't exactly a great bumper material.

So why can a manufacturer make something simple like that and sell it for $595? It looks plenty good for me.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man... What the hell is with the price of these aftermarket bumpers? I intentionally ordered my basesquatch with a plastic bumper figuring that a good aftermarket one would cost similar to what is available for a Jeep. That certainly doesn't seem to be the state of the market at this point.

My needs are simple. I have the RC hidden winch mount and really just want a basic metal tube for a "bumper" above that. Has anyone made their own? Seriously, one bent round or rectangular tube and some mounting plates at the end of the frame rails. Why do all of these bumpers need to be a work of art instead of a basic piece of protection?

I feel ya... add a few options to this and you hit nearly $6k...

Bronco Front Bumper | Rock Fighter (addictivedesertdesigns.com)

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel ya... add a few options to this and you hit nearly $6k...

Bronco Front Bumper | Rock Fighter (addictivedesertdesigns.com)
Exactly! That is a beautiful bumper. It is well designed and well made but it is so much more than I need. I need a rectangular box tube that bolts to the 6 factory frame rail locations and has two shackles.

My basesquatch doesn't even have parking sensors and my winch is mounted with the RC hidden winch mount. BTW: That piece of kit is appropriately priced.

Hell, I'm half tempted to bolt a 4x4 piece of pressure treated lumber across the front to protest these absurdly over priced and over designed creations.

Maybe I'll even burn "Get off my lawn" across the front. Kidding but not really.

Last edited:

Prest33

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m going to be making a tube bumper very similar to this pretty shortly in the next month or so. High and tight. It wont be too expensive in materials its just the machines/tools needed are the expensive part. When I get it done ill post it to B6G.
Ford Bronco DIY Front Tube Bumper? F1E14737-51BB-4BC7-BA2D-A18090A6B5D6
Ford Bronco DIY Front Tube Bumper? C6AB6900-8537-4599-AC9F-BA3270B9FB2B

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m going to be making a tube bumper very similar to this pretty shortly in the next month or so. High and tight. It wont be too expensive in materials its just the machines/tools needed are the expensive part. When I get it done ill post it to B6G.
Thatā€™s clean. So are you saying youā€™re going to offer these for sale?

Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Find a local fabricator. Most can build just about anything you want.

I had one build me a swing out carrier that still allowed me to open the door of our canopy without swinging the spare.

FCC0E076-AC62-4FA4-BF2E-D0328F2BF36C.jpeg

Prest33

Badlands
First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s clean. So are you saying youā€™re going to offer these for sale?
Maybe but I doubt it. Ill see how long it takes. If I think I can do them in a timely manor then yeah I wouldnā€˜t mind doing a few others. Iā€™m working on a 3D print for the fog light housing and sensors since that Bronco DR didnt have any of that. If that doesnā€™t work I might see if the Raptor fog lights and housing can be modified to my bumper if I can get my hands on a set haha

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe but I doubt it. Ill see how long it takes. If I think I can do them in a timely manor then yeah I wouldnā€˜t mind doing a few others. Iā€™m working on a 3D print for the fog light housing and sensors since that Bronco DR didnt have any of that. If that doesnā€™t work I might see if the Raptor fog lights and housing can be modified to my bumper if I can get my hands on a set haha
Lol Sweet. Iā€™ll keep an eye out.
Sponsored