Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a small rooftop tent that I got back in 2020 with the intention of using it with my hard top order. Like many others, I switched my order to a soft top, which kind of threw a wrench in those plans. I ended up purchasing the Exposed Racks crossbar kit that installs under your soft top, but the top has to be down when it's in use. While the prospect of unexpected rain is a little anxiety inducing, the noise at highway speeds is pretty much untenable. I've started looking at ideas for a sleeping platform, but in the meantime I started working on something others might find useful or be able to improve upon.

It stays pretty hot and humid in my area, so if I'm going to be comfortable at all overnight in the back of the Bronco there needs to be air flow. I bought some of these mosquito net doors in the as-seen-on-TV section at my local Walton family-owned small business superstore, and 15 ft of 2" wide industrial strength velcro in the craft section. The netting comes in 2 panels, and I sandwiched the long side of each between the adhesive sides of the velcro strips. With the bronco soft top in the Safari configuration, the netting can be hung using the soft side of the velcro. There are small magnets enclosed in plastic attached to the netting which act as weights to pull the netting down, and although they're pretty weak, they help hold the netting against the body of the truck. I just tucked the extra net inside the rear doors, but with some extra time and patience I'm sure someone could trim these to really have a more finished look.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my solution until, unless something more ‘finished’ emerges. Price is right and looks easy to use.