Vittorio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All

I am contemplating if the trektop is worth adding to my Bronco. Does anyone have experience with both tops? Which is more convenient to retract? Also from my understanding, the trektop is not fully retractable. Is this correct?

Aesthetically speaking I love the trektop. I appreciate your insight and opinions!
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my trek top. I wanted a dual top option too, so I got the MIC and then ordered the soft top from besttop. It does not fully retract, but you can still use your rear view mirror with it open and the windows off. That's a big advantage to me.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the oem soft top on for just over a week and roughy 1200 miles. Installed the bestop twill and never looked back. Fit and finish is much better, no loud leakings gaps for wind to blow in, no crappy looking windows.

And yes, the bestop doesnt fully retract, it just folds back on itself, which is all my wife will use it for. Tested it out open yesterday driving 75mph for an hour.

Bronconeer82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2020 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love my trek top. I wanted a dual top option too, so I got the MIC and then ordered the soft top from besttop. It does not fully retract, but you can still use your rear view mirror with it open and the windows off. That's a big advantage to me.
How is the interior noise on the trek top vs MIC? Also, do you think it would be a viable option and hold up for winter/all season driving? I really wanted hard top but thinking of going soft, getting trek top, then MAYBE getting an aftermarket hard top down the road.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is the interior noise on the trek top vs MIC? Also, do you think it would be a viable option and hold up for winter/all season driving? I really wanted hard top but thinking of going soft, getting trek top, then MAYBE getting an aftermarket hard top down the road.
Well you do hear a lot more wind noise as it is a soft top, but that apples to oranges. Down here in south east Texas it could be year round, can't speak as to other areas. I wouldnt give up my hard top either!

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the bestop one doesn't go up at the tailgate like the oem. Which I personally wouldn't give up makes butting thinks in the cargo area so much easier.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't be able to give up the full retract or lift-up hatch. The OEM is also easy to take off and/or switch with a hard top. The Bestop apparently takes a while.

I've personally had no issues with the OEM soft top.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the look of the fastback style on the 4 door Bestop, but I think I'd trade that for the kick up function of the factory top and the ability to lower the top instead of just fold it back. Yes the Factory blocks the rear mirror, but so does the 35" spare tire, and the side mirrors on the Bronco are great so I'd gladly trade that. And with the factory top I can pull in the garage without putting it back up (can't leave it half folded though)

That said, I'm switching to a 2 door, once it gets here so I have no choice but a Bestop, and although if I had a choice, I'd go with the Ford one, I don't think I'll be too upset with the Bestop either.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the oem soft top on for just over a week and roughy 1200 miles. Installed the bestop twill and never looked back. Fit and finish is much better, no loud leakings gaps for wind to blow in, no crappy looking windows.

And yes, the bestop doesnt fully retract, it just folds back on itself, which is all my wife will use it for. Tested it out open yesterday driving 75mph for an hour.
Can you give me a report on rain when you open the door from outside? I'm having mega problems when it's very heavy, Florida rain with my OEM soft top. The way it's constructed, water just flows into the vehicle when the door is opened. I'm wondering if the Bestop is different?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like the look of the Bestop when it's in the fully - up position - it looks really good, but the inability to fully retract it (as well as how it looks when it's in the retracted position) is a huge turnoff for me

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you give me a report on rain when you open the door from outside? I'm having mega problems when it's very heavy, Florida rain with my OEM soft top. The way it's constructed, water just flows into the vehicle when the door is opened. I'm wondering if the Bestop is different?
Can't say Ive driven it in rain yet, snow yes, but rain no. However, my wife has driven it in the rain and I haven't heard her complain about it yet.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't say Ive driven it in rain yet, snow yes, but rain no. However, my wife has driven it in the rain and I haven't heard her complain about it yet.
We have been getting torrential rain in Florida this week. Regular rain is fine, but Florida torrential rain is not working with the standard soft top. I literally need to bring towels with me or I will be sitting in standing water in my drivers seat. I was just wondering if the bestop was a tad better with rain intrusion.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have been getting torrential rain in Florida this week. Regular rain is fine, but Florida torrential rain is not working with the standard soft top. I literally need to bring towels with me or I will be sitting in standing water in my drivers seat. I was just wondering if the bestop was a tad better with rain intrusion.
I lived in FL for 15yrs and had my soft top jeep for the last 3 of those years. When it rained, very little if any would enter when I opened the door and if it did, it definitely didn't hit the seat.

But I’ll test it out in the morning ad I’ll be taking it to the self car wash. I’ll cover the top real good with water and then open the door and see if what happens.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lived in FL for 15yrs and had my soft top jeep for the last 3 of those years. When it rained, very little if any would enter when I opened the door and if it did, it definitely didn't hit the seat.

But I’ll test it out in the morning ad I’ll be taking it to the self car wash. I’ll cover the top real good with water and then open the door and see if what happens.
Aww thanks for doing an experiment for me! I appreciate it! We are STILL getting rain. I'm sure it's over 6" as our friends are reporting 7" at their house. I heard Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is a few miles away, and if that's true, you know it's bad! :LOL:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aww thanks for doing an experiment for me! I appreciate it! We are STILL getting rain. I'm sure it's over 6" as our friends are reporting 7" at their house. I heard Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is a few miles away, and if that's true, you know it's bad! :LOL:
Typically its your summers when it rains and I do not miss the weather one bit.
Sponsored