Sponsored

Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet?

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How does the trektop handle on the highway with it flipped back. Any concerns/issues?
Not bad, the few times I've had it back and been at highway speeds, it's been stable, the wind does tend to push the fabric down into the cabin a bit, I may look at some way to strap it into a bundle if possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not bad, the few times I've had it back and been at highway speeds, it's been stable, the wind does tend to push the fabric down into the cabin a bit, I may look at some way to strap it into a bundle if possible.
With the gearshade on under the bestop, you wont have that problem with the fabric being pushed down into the cabin.

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
true, but I like to true open air! 😃
Im 6000’ closer to the sun so I’d like to not be sun burnt all the time or be sweating so much.

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 1974 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My trektop is going on tomorrow! Hopefully install goes smooth. Pulled the oem soft top off today. My only concern with the trektop is being able to go to a hard top once ADVs come out because of the added seals in the back the trektop uses. Someone mentioned the same in another post (may have been the TFL folks) and the guy said he "thought" that you would be able to still install the MIC hard top, but wasn't 100%. My goal would be to run the trek top in the warmer months and throw the hardtop on in the colder months. No real reason other than I like the idea of being able to switch between the two, keep things fresh.

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My trektop is going on tomorrow! Hopefully install goes smooth. Pulled the oem soft top off today. My only concern with the trektop is being able to go to a hard top once ADVs come out because of the added seals in the back the trektop uses. Someone mentioned the same in another post (may have been the TFL folks) and the guy said he "thought" that you would be able to still install the MIC hard top, but wasn't 100%. My goal would be to run the trek top in the warmer months and throw the hardtop on in the colder months. No real reason other than I like the idea of being able to switch between the two, keep things fresh.
No, all or most of the brackets for the trektop will have to come off to get the hardtop back on. A kind of bummer, but now that I've switched to the soft top, I'm rethinking doing any switching back and forth.

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, all or most of the brackets for the trektop will have to come off to get the hardtop back on. A kind of bummer, but now that I've switched to the soft top, I'm rethinking doing any switching back and forth.
Gotcha. Oh well, having to choose I would still go with the versatility of the soft top. Noise with the oem soft top didn't bother me at all so I imagine I will like the trek top.

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Install was pretty straight forward, nothing overly difficult but it gets a little tedious placing some of the foam seals and such. Install instructions are good. I gotta say components are top quality and design is really well thought out. I am very satisfied. There is a good bit of hardware involved so going to a hard top in the winter months like I had envisioned when ADV releases their hard top may not be possible, or may just be a little more difficult, time will tell. I definitely like the look more than the orm soft top.

20220129_183302.jpg

20220129_183309.jpg

20220129_183320.jpg

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Install was pretty straight forward, nothing overly difficult but it gets a little tedious placing some of the foam seals and such. Install instructions are good. I gotta say components are top quality and design is really well thought out. I am very satisfied. There is a good bit of hardware involved so going to a hard top in the winter months like I had envisioned when ADV releases their hard top may not be possible, or may just be a little more difficult, time will tell. I definitely like the look more than the orm soft top.

Ford Bronco Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet? 20220129_183320

Ford Bronco Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet? 20220129_183320

That looks great! Do you think the cost is worth it? I want one, but can't decide if I can justify the price if I already have the soft top

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's worth it considering it is likely you could sell the oem soft top to someone who ordered just the MIC hard top. I've seen several people looking for oem soft tops in the marketplace. I think it's reasonable to assume you could ask $1000-$1500 for a lightly used oem soft top.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks way better. No Bronco wave. Fast back angle looks great. The Bronco soft top looks laughable in pictures and in real

BadDaddyP

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m leaning toward sticking with the OEM (ordered on my Badlands 4dr to be delivered in February 🤞) and late summer / early fall selecting from available hardtop options. I feel I need the hardtop primarily for security and secondarily for sound. Weather isn’t really a factor down here in Austin.

However, I would have ordered the BesTop softie on my initial order had I not learned (through this forum) that it wasn’t easy to switch between the besttop and a hardtop without significant effort and installation.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comparisons were done on the same stretch of road.

OEM soft top:
55mph - 77.5dB
65mph - 79.8dB
70mph - 80.8dB

Bestop soft top:
55mph - 76.4dB
65mph - 77.2dB
70mph - 78.8dB
Now we just need this for the hard top and a normal car🤌

Nice job and nice to know we’d just be switching out the factory top for the look
Sponsored