K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone have an issue installing the rear window on the Bestop Trektop twill soft top? I installed the top yesterday and for the life of me can not get the back window to seat properly. It's like the rear window is a half inch too short. Anyone else have any issue with getting back window in place when first installing? Or anyone have recommendations on how to get it to properly fit?

@Bestop_Team
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It stretches and it gets much easier. Don’t know where you live but let the sun hit it for a while. Mine was very tough too the first time, but you’ll be happy down the road when you see how easily it seats and seals along the vertical edges. Just need to use some ape strength the first couple times.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It stretches and it gets much easier. Don’t know where you live but let the sun hit it for a while. Mine was very tough too the first time, but you’ll be happy down the road when you see how easily it seats and seals along the vertical edges. Just need to use some ape strength the first couple times.
This is what I am hoping. I let it sit in my house overnight where the heat is set to 68 degrees but still couldn't get it to stretch enough on the back window.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side seams or the bottom rail? The bottom rail is picky about rocking into the correct slots. The sides just need to stretch. Nearly broke my fingers the first time.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side seams or the bottom rail? The bottom rail is picky about rocking into the correct slots. The sides just need to stretch. Nearly broke my fingers the first time.
Side rails on the back window. Ive tried adjusting it and pushing as much on one side when it's in as I can even with help or two other people and can't get the other side in those rails. Ended up breaking off my nail and bleeding everywhere I was putting so much pressure trying to get it seated in both side rails for the back window. Still can't get it

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep working on it. 68 degrees is not enough.

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did mine in summer in Georgia and it was still tight.
Looks like I may be rolling no back window on these 30° days we have the next few weeks😂 now I'm wishing I waited a little longer to install it when it gets warmer up north lol

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like I may be rolling no back window on these 30° days we have the next few weeks😂 now I'm wishing I waited a little longer to install it when it gets warmer up north lol
Do you have any friends with a garage?

Bring your friend a case of beer, park your Bronco in their garage for for a few hours with a heater in there cranked to the max. Put the rear piece where the heat can warm it, but not cause damage for those two hours.

It will still be tight, but you should be able to stretch it on.

gutshot

Base
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To get it to go on easier, heat it up with a hair dryer. Once you get it on the first time, it will go on and off much easier.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any friends with a garage?

Bring your friend a case of beer, park your Bronco in their garage for for a few hours with a heater in there cranked to the max. Put the rear piece where the heat can warm it, but not cause damage for those two hours.

It will still be tight, but you should be able to stretch it on.
I have an insulated garage but not heated. But thank you for making me realize I can just put a space heater next to the bronco to warm it up. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place lol

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an insulated garage but not heated. But thank you for making me realize I can just put a space heater next to the bronco to warm it up. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place lol
I guess you are buying yourself the beer 😁

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess you are buying yourself the beer 😁
Step 1: Buy case of beer.
Step 2: Drink case of beer.
Step 3: Forget why you are in the garage but it's cold out there so you go inside next to the space heater lol

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did anyone have an issue installing the rear window on the Bestop Trektop twill soft top? I installed the top yesterday and for the life of me can not get the back window to seat properly. It's like the rear window is a half inch too short. Anyone else have any issue with getting back window in place when first installing? Or anyone have recommendations on how to get it to properly fit?

@Bestop_Team
@Hkak45 I'm hoping that you were able to get the rear window in? If you haven't, hopefully where you live is expected to see full sunshine today, park your Bronco where it will see all of the sun, especially the rear of it, once its been in the sun for a few hours, the rear window should slide on!
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored