Sponsored

Anyone tried the official trektop soft top by Ford?

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2,779.00<<<<<< That's why. Same thing you get from Bestop correct? So why pay the Ford premium? I think this is closer to $2k from Bestop direct. I could be wrong, but......

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$2,779.00<<<<<< That's why. Same thing you get from Bestop correct? So why pay the Ford premium? I think this is closer to $2k from Bestop direct. I could be wrong, but......
Yes, it's the exact same thing. There's zero need to buy it from Ford, unless that price includes installation and you're not willing to DIY.

I purchased the Trektop as part of my factory build, so I have both the MIC and the Trektop. This was an oversight on my part, and if I had to do it again, I'd have bought the Trektop from Bestop when they were doing one of their awesome sales. I overpaid and ended up installing it myself, so I didn't even get the dealer installation portion of this.

JR

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the exact same Part Number as the Bestop TrekTop at a premium. Buy direct from Bestop - they’ll connect you with a local installer for the install (for an extra $250). Way better pricing than buying through Ford for them to install

I’ve had my eye on them for a few years and have never caught a good sale… they do a random $50 rebate from time to time (less than a 3% discount) and I’ve seen them do 10% on Black Friday.

As my mother would say, any sale less than 20% is not a sale worth your time and any coupon less than 10% is not coupon worth clipping! Do with that opinion what you will lol

If anyone (or Bestop) has a lead on a good sale on these, tag me in your response! I’ve got money in hand and am looking for an excuse to use it on a soft top instead of other upgrades!

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!
I had my suspicions because it looks the same. I feel like I gotta go to the dealer shop again and search for the bestop logo on the one car they have on show with the soft top.

Its funy that its not even rebranded somehow, and comes with exact instructions box and everything like the bestop one.

@jacknifetoaswan Did you travel enough with both tops to be able to compare their qualities and differences?

Sponsored
OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trektop is a product name made by Bestop. I don't think Ford is trying to hide that fact. B&P lists the optional top as well and the price includes installation.

Ford Bronco Anyone tried the official trektop soft top by Ford? 1677686680259
Ha!
Totally missed that.
Nice!

So I guess my only decision needs to be made is bestop or the electric (3times the price) mytop roof.

I hope we'll see comparison of the two along the road once mytop releases their product.
Sponsored