Not sure who makes the standard soft top, but that offering from Bestop looks much better and somehow smaller.
That fold back seems to raise a bit high, but maybe that's to be expected with a retracting soft top.
The videos from Roman and Tommy debating the merits of the Bronco have been interesting. Besides the tops, do hope Ford improves the top of that dash. Literally every reviewer has something to say about it, makes me think there's an issue with how cheap that plastic feels.
Looks good, but gotta wonder why they didn't answer questions like retail prices, and whether the soft top can be laid all the way back down like the factory soft top. Yes you can take the windows out, but does it lay all the way down?
1. Want to do summer / fall swap between the MIC and soft top. Is that even possible given all the additional seals and parts it takes to install this top? Can the seals for instance be removed and reinstalled? Looks great but that swap looked like a beast of a job.
2. Can the Bimini be taken on and off without removing the Bestop?
3. I’d like to see more images of the windows. Do they hold form.
4. Can the back portion be lifted at all without removing the top? Trunk open, does the top lift for access or not?
5. Just a comment, the Bronco top folds one additional time to expose the rear portion. The Bestop does not hence the less bulky feel. It IS less bulky because of this. Another poster pointed out that with the Bronco top folded all the way back, the rear view mirror was completely blocked from seeing cars behind. Some pros/cons.
Those guys have found ways to throw some shade at Bronco in EVERY video released. Tommy loves to give lip service to "not being a Jeep fanboy", but he's a liar and the truth ain't in him.
He's been wheeling Wranglers his entire life, so I get it. I joke on it, but ultimately think it serves as a wake up call to Ford to keep improving and that the top of the mountain is within sight, but they're not there yet.
This top doesn't fold all the way down. It folds back as in the video and the sides/rear window come out. We know it can't fold back with the windows in because the side windows are semi-permanently attached to the C-pillar. We can also see in the video there is no lower hinge to fold the whole thing back even if the side and back windows are out.