Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you guys get the heavy rains we've had up here in North Florida while you had this top on? Can you let me know if the seat gets tons of water on it when you try to get in, or if you have giant streams of water rolling on your head from the top? I'm about sick of getting completely soaked just getting in the Bronco on a rainy day.
We had a few days of heavy rains, yes. I did take it out on purpose to check the roof and windshield wipers. No leaks at all. Nice and dry inside - but yes there is a little dripping when opening door. But no deluge of water hitting my head.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jwwells62

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do you compare it against the stock softie? I had the slant back Trektop on my old TJ and loved it. So far though, I haven't found a reason to hate my stock softop, outside of the fact I prefer the Trektop look.
The quality and ease of operation on the Stock is much better. I do totally love the looks of the Trektop though. . It is almost a 2 person job to put the Trektop back though because it flexs and bends so much more than the OEM

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a few days of heavy rains, yes. I did take it out on purpose to check the roof and windshield wipers. No leaks at all. Nice and dry inside - but yes there is a little dripping when opening door. But no deluge of water hitting my head.
Thank you! That is what I needed to know!

Some water is normal. Having to change your clothes and dry your hair just because you got in the vehicle during a storm and a torrent of water dumped on your head from the roof in is not normal. (Although Ford tells me there is no design flaw. :LOL: )

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The quality and ease of operation on the Stock is much better. I do totally love the looks of the Trektop though. . It is almost a 2 person job to put the Trektop back though because it flexs and bends so much more than the OEM
So you've had your Trektop for a while now. Is it still hard to fold up and down? I can't do it from the ground. I have to get standing up inside to push it back and bring it forward every time. I just had it installed this week. And it's kinda hard to maneuver. Just wondering..

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@CapeCodCash I've had mine on since May and while it is slightly easier than the day I put it on, it's still very difficult to do. A two person job. Thankfully, I have the running boards and it makes it much easier to do alone. And when you fold it back, you do need to pull on the middle part of the fabric so it doesn't sag into the passenger area. These really are my only gripes. Compared to the OEM softie though, this is miles better. The window removal/install is reason alone to have this top.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I find the 4 door Trektop very easy to fold back by myself from outside, but the users height probably plays a big role in this. I absolutely love the Trektop, looks and functions so much better than the OEM tops.
Sponsored