2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a jeep Bestop soft top owner, I can't stand the Ford OEM version with the wavy windows or how it looks when folded back and even in its down position. I rode in the back of a 4dr with top folded down and the clanking of the frame when off-roading drove me crazy.

The Bestop definitely looks better when folded up, but like others stated, not digging how it can't be completely folded down. Ive seen videos now of multiple people damaging their factory tops pulling into garages when flipped back and I think it looks ridiculous just flipped back.

Wife has her soft top Bronco being shipped right now and I'm still contemplating on what to do. Keep the factory top or replace with the Bestop solely for the appearance and twill top. Will she completely lower the soft top or just flip back the top? Original plan was for the hardtop so she could just remove the front panels for her open air experience. So her being 5'2" I would venture to say she won't completely lower it that much. On my 2dr jeep, even I being 6' tall need to stand on my 35" tires in order to raise & lower the top. With the 4dr, it may be easier to stand on the step or door sill but still not confident that she'll go through the effort of folding it completely down.

I could care less about the rear gimmick of lifting the rear window in a 4dr to access the rear cargo area. I'd rather have straight windows.
Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to eventually get one of these too. (2 door)

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where are all the aftermarket hard tops?

Ford sells a perfectly fine soft top, and because of all the problems with the hard tops, that's what most of us are getting, even though we really want hard tops.

When my Bronco arrives, I'm not going to be looking to buy another soft top for it. I'll already have that, even though that wasn't what I really wanted.

There's a killing to be made, for whichever company first comes out with a good hard top, at a good price, for the Bronco. Last I knew, Patriot Fastbacks was by far the closest to having such a product on the market, and they don't seem to be there yet.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So where are all the aftermarket hard tops?

Ford sells a perfectly fine soft top, and because of all the problems with the hard tops, that's what most of us are getting, even though we really want hard tops.

When my Bronco arrives, I'm not going to be looking to buy another soft top for it. I'll already have that, even though that wasn't what I really wanted.

There's a killing to be made, for whichever company first comes out with a good hard top, at a good price, for the Bronco. Last I knew, Patriot Fastbacks was by far the closest to having such a product on the market, and they don't seem to be there yet.
Hmmm, I do have a bunch of cardboard boxes I am not using... ;)

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am a two door order and I really do not like that the top does not come all the way down. looks really strange to me and i wonder how that will work on the highway. i hope someone else makes a traditional soft top that accordions all the way down in the rear and rests on the body. not optomistic - how do you get something like this so wrong?

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a two door order and I really do not like that the top does not come all the way down. looks really strange to me and i wonder how that will work on the highway. i hope someone else makes a traditional soft top that accordions all the way down in the rear and rests on the body. not optomistic
I was thinking the exact same thing....

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Selling my Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop (4door, Black Twill) if anyone in the Charlotte, NC area is interested... Super cool, but a bit too noisy for me
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Soft Top now available Bronco Flip To

Last edited:

Deleted member 21681

I really can't fathom how/why people are buying stuff before they even get their vehicle. Seems like a waste of money/time to have something sitting their waiting when you have no idea when you'd get your actual vehicle.
I haven’t purchased anything yet, but I don’t think it’s that hard to wrap your mind around.
Probably a bigger waste of time to wait for your bronco and then wait for parts when you could have had them ready to go on day one of delivery. And with supply chain issues being what they are, certain items might be hard to come by when your bronco rolls around. As for money… pay now, pay later. What’s the difference? Unless you’re suggesting investing the cash while you wait or if you have to pay for storage somehow, it’s (at best) a zero-sum game. Plus with inflation where it’s at (and going), there is a strong and very basic argument for not sitting on loads of cash.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t purchased anything yet, but I don’t think it’s that hard to wrap your mind around.
Probably a bigger waste of time to wait for your bronco and then wait for parts when you could have had them ready to go on day one of delivery. And with supply chain issues being what they are, certain items might be hard to come by when your bronco rolls around. As for money… pay now, pay later. What’s the difference? Unless you’re suggesting investing the cash while you wait or if you have to pay for storage somehow, it’s (at best) a zero-sum game. Plus with inflation where it’s at (and going), there is a strong and very basic argument for not sitting on loads of cash.
Totally recommend we all buy ALL the parts 'you' want and do not wait for your Bronco to arrive before you do so. Support American innovation and stop whining. Keep your savings, don't be stupid...Work hard, play hard and I hope one day to install all my mountain of parts on my new '23-'24 Bronco. If I die before it arrives, it was still fun dreaming about my Colt of wonder. Completely confident my family will sell all my tools and collectables...my Bronco and all the ford parts at THE garage sale all ya' all should not miss. Advance tickets available for a $mall donation.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a jeep Bestop soft top owner, I can't stand the Ford OEM version with the wavy windows or how it looks when folded back and even in its down position. I rode in the back of a 4dr with top folded down and the clanking of the frame when off-roading drove me crazy.

The Bestop definitely looks better when folded up, but like others stated, not digging how it can't be completely folded down. Ive seen videos now of multiple people damaging their factory tops pulling into garages when flipped back and I think it looks ridiculous just flipped back.

Wife has her soft top Bronco being shipped right now and I'm still contemplating on what to do. Keep the factory top or replace with the Bestop solely for the appearance and twill top. Will she completely lower the soft top or just flip back the top? Original plan was for the hardtop so she could just remove the front panels for her open air experience. So her being 5'2" I would venture to say she won't completely lower it that much. On my 2dr jeep, even I being 6' tall need to stand on my 35" tires in order to raise & lower the top. With the 4dr, it may be easier to stand on the step or door sill but still not confident that she'll go through the effort of folding it completely down.

I could care less about the rear gimmick of lifting the rear window in a 4dr to access the rear cargo area. I'd rather have straight windows.
My soft top doesn’t make a sound fully retracted. Make sure you press down until it clicks.

Miamibronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had mine for over a week now!
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Soft Top now available Bronco Flip To
Did you get it installed by an authorized dealer?
Apparently they offer installation for about a hundred bucks but they're not doing it yet so that's why I have held from purchasing it.. how much was installation for ya if you don't mind me asking?

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you get it installed by an authorized dealer?
Apparently they offer installation for about a hundred bucks but they're not doing it yet so that's why I have held from purchasing it.. how much was installation for ya if you don't mind me asking?
I installed it myself. I am not a mechanic, but I am very mechanically inclined. It was a very easy install though, it just bolts on to pre-existing parts of the roll bar and body. The only unclear part in the instructions were about where the seal is in the very first step, spoiler alert, look in the box with the windows! I am tempted to put the MIC back on just to see how easy it is to switch back, but I am still enjoying the easy open style.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this has been answered somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it - For the Trektop, how do you access the cargo area? Does it prop up similar to the factory soft top? Any videos or pictures of this?

Thanks!
Sponsored