First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After placing an order in January of 2021, I am super greatful to have been one of the lucky few who got a 23', Hardtop, Lux, BL, SAS Bronco.

As much as I love the hard top, I want something that will allow me to throw the top off instantly. I looked into purchasing a factory soft top on the B6G classifieds, but after hearing all of the horror stories of the factory tops being made of cheese I decided against that.

Personally, I am not a fan of the fast-back look for the bronco. I feel like the rake that Bestop chose was a bit too aggressive.

Yes, I am fully aware that the skyrider and sunrider are options. I definitely am looking into them, but for the price, I feel like I might as well just get an entirely new top.

With this in mind, does anyone know of any other aftermarket soft tops for the bronco that retain that factory square-back look? I heard whispers somewhere that Bestop is currently in development of squareback for the bronco, but I wanted to see if anyone else could verify those claims. If they are making one, any idea when it would be released? I would be willing to immediately purchase something of that sort that came to market.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contact Bestop and let the know of your interest if you would like to see this soft top see the light of day.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only other company besides Bestop that is making one for the Bronco that I have seen is Rampage. It is another slant back though. I wish someone would do a tan soft top or bikini top as well. There is some one making a hydraulic convertible top as well.

Ford Bronco Bestop Squareback Soft Top planned? 1677783485953

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the slant back look

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I hear you. The skyrider top is insanely priced. Serious Bronco tax on that. Bestop must be raking it in these days from Bronco customers.

Sponsored

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After placing an order in January of 2021, I am super greatful to have been one of the lucky few who got a 23', Hardtop, Lux, BL, SAS Bronco.

As much as I love the hard top, I want something that will allow me to throw the top off instantly. I looked into purchasing a factory soft top on the B6G classifieds, but after hearing all of the horror stories of the factory tops being made of cheese I decided against that.

Personally, I am not a fan of the fast-back look for the bronco. I feel like the rake that Bestop chose was a bit too aggressive.

Yes, I am fully aware that the skyrider and sunrider are options. I definitely am looking into them, but for the price, I feel like I might as well just get an entirely new top.

With this in mind, does anyone know of any other aftermarket soft tops for the bronco that retain that factory square-back look? I heard whispers somewhere that Bestop is currently in development of squareback for the bronco, but I wanted to see if anyone else could verify those claims. If they are making one, any idea when it would be released? I would be willing to immediately purchase something of that sort that came to market.

Thanks in advance.
Looking for the same. I've got the hard top and while I like it, it takes more planning and storage if I want to just go topless. Also not a fan of the aftermarket slant backs and don't like the fact they don't fold all the way down either. That said, I haven't heard a lot of positives with the factory top except convenience. It's been a few years now. Is there really no one else that makes an aftermarket soft top that is squared off and preferably folds down all the way? There's a market for a better factory option.

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking for the same. I've got the hard top and while I like it, it takes more planning and storage if I want to just go topless. Also not a fan of the aftermarket slant backs and don't like the fact they doesn't fold all the way down either. That said, I haven't heard a lot of positives with the factory top except convenience. It's been a few years now. Is there really no one else that makes an aftermarket soft top that is squared off and preferably folds down all the way? There's a market for a better factory option.
Same here. 100%.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe in another 5 years

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what you heard about the soft tops, but they're great! I mean the Ford ones. Add the @IAG Performance struts and endure the challenge of putting the side windows back in when you need to and they're fantastic. Don't listen to negative people.

Negative people have told me all sorts of crap that's wrong.

I'll also note that I believe Ford has restrictions on top makers so that no one duplicates the factory one for a while.

Anyone who's been here knows that I'm not a Ford fanboy. They suck. But the Bronco rocks. (Yes, it needed to NOT have me buy over 2500 in accessories and add-on's....)

Sponsored

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking for the same. I've got the hard top and while I like it, it takes more planning and storage if I want to just go topless. Also not a fan of the aftermarket slant backs and don't like the fact they don't fold all the way down either. That said, I haven't heard a lot of positives with the factory top except convenience. It's been a few years now. Is there really no one else that makes an aftermarket soft top that is squared off and preferably folds down all the way? There's a market for a better factory option.
I wish there was a 2 door option that folded all the way back like the factory... preferably not a slant back but at this point I'd even take that.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as it folded all the way back
I would buy it

82' Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel / 93' F150 XLT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted Bestop a couple weeks ago and asked about the possibility of a square back / non-slant back soft top. Answer I got was that “there is nothing currently in development”….. Hopefully if enough folks like me that want it contact them they’ll rethink it…..

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully someone else releases it
And bestop loses a bunch of customers

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a 2DR owner and am holding out for a square soft top. Might not happen, but I definitely won’t be buying a slanted top. Just don’t like the look. Rampage has one out fir 1./2 the cost of Bestop, but I still don’t care for that look.
Sponsored